News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

hello from france

Started by efejota, January 06, 2018, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efejota

hi fjowners
i bought a 1991 3ya abs with 82000 km 3 years ago. the po showed me a dealer bill about done works on the bike that obviously weren't done. the price was enough low to expect the work should still be done. i was right. complete maintenance to do as descripted in the manuals. i had a 1991 xte 600 before, tested a fj and changed my ride. i remember back in 1986 looking for my next bike, i had a fj 1200 and the fz 750 to choose at, because the lower price i took the fz. now i know i should have taken the fj. the fz was ok but the fj is awesome for me. it may be compared to a swiss army knive. you may have a sportier bike or one is better to travel but not one than can do many things better than a fj.
greez
efejota

Pat Conlon

Bonjour efejota, bienvenue!

Yes, your are correct. The FJ does many things well and is relativity easy to maintain.
Add a couple of modifications, and the FJ is even better!

Prendre Plaisir

Pat
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

balky1

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

efejota

@pat
i've done some little mods to the fj. nothing big like 17" wheels for larger tyres, but also good ones.
i want to keep the bike quite original for my eyes and still make it better. mods are an open airbox, original exhausts but from the engine side opened, up 30mm with the back side and down 15mm the front side with wilbers. bt23 and 45 tyres. r1 brakes. hrc mod at the tank against vacuum. a fjr 1300 clutch spring. and the scheduled maintenance. that's the important point after buying an old and cheap bike because beeing cheap, don't expect the maintenance to be done.

fjbiker84

Welcome to the forum.  I think it's amazing to see new owners pop up all over the world.  Long live the FJ!

Alf

Quote from: efejota on January 06, 2018, 03:49:18 PM
hi fjowners
i bought a 1991 3ya abs with 82000 km 3 years ago. the po showed me a dealer bill about done works on the bike that obviously weren't done. the price was enough low to expect the work should still be done. i was right. complete maintenance to do as descripted in the manuals. i had a 1991 xte 600 before, tested a fj and changed my ride. i remember back in 1986 looking for my next bike, i had a fj 1200 and the fz 750 to choose at, because the lower price i took the fz. now i know i should have taken the fj. the fz was ok but the fj is awesome for me. it may be compared to a swiss army knive. you may have a sportier bike or one is better to travel but not one than can do many things better than a fj.
greez
efejota

Welcome to the group! Good people all around here!.

Yes, I owned an FZ too alongside with my 3CV and last summer I finished buying another FJ, haha!

Maybe you could travel next summer to our FJ meeting in Madrid. I will keep informed on this forum

Best regards

Alf

efejota

Hola Alf
we know each other from fj1200.info
maybe i'll manage once to meet you in spain.
who knows?
ráfagas
efejota

aviationfred

Welcome to the forum  :hi:

You summed the FJ up very nicely. The FJ may not be the "Best" at any one thing, but it does "Everything" well.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor