News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Well, the time has come

Started by racerrad8, January 12, 2018, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

The decision has been made to create a "Political" section for the forum. This section is very similar to the "Gun" section.

It is only visible to members of the forum and not the general internet public. This forum is a world wide place for people to find the best and most comprehension FJ content in the world. They don't come here to read about politics or guns. While there are thousands of members, there are many more people who never join the forum and read what is being posted. The creation of the politic topic will eliminate the political topics from the general public viewing.

So, in the future all political related topics will be found here: http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?board=81.0

If a thread morphs into a political thread like the recent 2018 Happy New Year thread did, I will split the topic and move it to the political section.

I appreciate everyone's cooperation with this request.

You guys have a passion for your personal position on politics and I will not lock the topic, but I just don't want it to take over the forum for people searching the internet. This is an FJ based forum, so I want that message to be the primary focus to everyone.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

simi_ed

Thank you!  I've been ignoring the FJ site over this very topic. Anything and everything ends up being political. I am rather done with it.
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

TexasDave

A very good idea. Sick of seeing most of the posts being of a political nature. It always develops into insults and name calling.

Thanks
Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Firehawk068

I am very in favor of this decision!

Thank you!
I'm sure there are many members (myself included) that come here to escape from political sides, and partake in the FJ knowledge that is shared freely. That is why we all became friends in the first place right?

Healthy political discussion is a good thing between differing opinions, but when Fred's simple "Happy New Year" post degrades into a Trump vs Oprah bash-fest, things have gone a bit too far.
Anyone that's been a member here for a little while knows which side of the fence each other stands politically.
There's no need to continue trying to one-up each other. None of you are going to succeed in changing the other's mind.

I certainly will be staying out of the "Politics" section of this forum. (I get plenty of exposure elsewhere on social media)
This has been, for many years, one of my escapes from that sort of thing.
I'd like to continue to have it that way.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Mike m

Please put politics somewhere else. :Facepalm:

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

andyoutandabout

Yep, time to focus on the important bits: bikes.

life without a bike is just life

fj1289

wainot-Phil

""GREAT  IDEA""  lets get back to the Bikes ,, :good: 
""Past Bikes""
Suzuki Stinger 125        
Honda 350/4
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GS1000
Kawasaki GPZ900R
Yamaha FJ1100 84
Yamaha FJ1100 85
1991 FJ1200
1990 FJ1200  Pinky
2006 FJR1300
1980 GS850
Z500 /4
XJR1300
"""Present Bikes""": 
  1985 FJ1100
FJ1200  94
GSX1400

FJmonkey

The politics are still free to flow and prove that gravity still works. It just has a special place for the members that enjoy it.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

rlucas

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

jscgdunn

92 FJ1200 2008 ZX14 Forks, wheels, 2008 cbr 600 RR swingarm
92 FJ1200 2009 R1 Swinger, Forks, Wheels, 2013 CBR 1000 Shock
90 FJ 1200 (Son # 2), Stock
89 FJ 1200 Built from parts: (Brother bought it) mostly 92 parts inc. motor
84 FJ 1100 (Son #1), 89 forks wheels, blue spots