News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

R.I.P Murray Briggs 8/19/17 (ssuv93)

Started by ssuv93, April 15, 2018, 10:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssuv93

R.I.P Murray Briggs 8/19/17 (ssuv93)  

Hello All,

This is Murray's wife Sherry.  Murray joined several years ago when we bought our first FJ1200 and loved this forum for the information available and the willingness of strangers to help with any and all questions.  Murray passed away August 19, 2017 from complications of diabetes and kidney failure.

I would like to continue his membership in hopes of getting some help and suggestions as I fix and attempt to sell our beautiful FJ.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
Sherry Briggs
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill  (falsely attributed to George Orwell)

"oderint dum metuant"  Lucius Accius, 40B.C. +-  as said by Caligula & Cicero

racerrad8

Sherry,

I am sorry to hear of your loss of Murray.

Thank you for letting us know. As you have already mentioned, we will be here to assist you in any way possible.

Please feel free to stay around even if you sell the FJ.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Steve_in_Florida

Sherry,
I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for informing us.

Randy could not have said it better.

Most sincerely,

Steve Hill

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

ssuv93

Quote from: racerrad8 on April 15, 2018, 10:26:58 AM
Sherry,

I am sorry to hear of your loss of Murray.

Thank you for letting us know. As you have already mentioned, we will be here to assist you in any way possible.

Please feel free to stay around even if you sell the FJ.

Randy - RPM

Thank you Randy.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill  (falsely attributed to George Orwell)

ssuv93

Quote from: Steve_in_Florida on April 15, 2018, 10:33:45 AM
Sherry,
I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for informing us.

Randy could not have said it better.

Most sincerely,

Steve Hill

Thank you Steve.

ssuv93

I may have posted it in the wrong thread (Modifications) but I am curious about the availability and cost of intake boots for the carbs.

Thanks,
Sherry

Pat Conlon

Hi Sherry, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Murray. I was just reviewing his old posts and chuckling at his humor.
I wish I had a chance to meet him.
So, you're riding the FJ eh? Good for you. We will help you in any way we can. Murray's first posts on this forum was about teaching you to ride his FJ. It is evident to me by reading Murray's posts that he sure was in love with you. Lucky man.

Re: New Intake boots, are you sure you need them? They are expensive. Often all that is needed is the O rings that seals the boots to the engine. http://rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=93210-40659Individual&cat=39
RPM does carry new intake boots:
http://rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=36Y-13586-00-00%2C36Y-13596-00-00

Yea, hang around with us.....

Pat
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

ssuv93

Pat,

Thank you for your kind words.  We were together for 23 years and married just shy of 23 years.  He passed 4 months before our 23rd wedding anniversary.  I did get some riding in on the FJ before it started having issues but due to my equilibrium being totally messed up due to uneven hearing loss, I have a hard time keeping this heavy beast up.  I can handle the weight but it doesn't take much to throw me off balance. 

Due to the financial strain that I am in because of losing my husband and his income and "never getting around to" getting life insurance for him before he died, I regretfully need to sell his baby. 

A friend that he trusted that has gone to Yamaha mechanics school and has raced these bikes years ago is telling me that I need them as they are dry and cracked.  He has found a used set of 4 from a buddy for $70.  Murray trusted him and I thought I did but now I am not so sure.  Getting a weird gut feeling that he may not be trustworthy but that may be because I have been getting taken advantage of by people I thought were friends and am wary of trusting anyone at this point.

I did find a "new" set of 4 available on Ebay for $70. 

Thanks again Pat.

Sherry

balky1

So sorry to hear about a loss of a fellow FJer. My condolencess.
When you order the boots just be sure they are not restricted.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

ssuv93

fj1289

Our prayers and condolences. 

Give me a couple days to search the garage - I may have a set I can send.   

Chris

ssuv93

Quote from: fj1289 on April 15, 2018, 02:34:28 PM
Our prayers and condolences. 

Give me a couple days to search the garage - I may have a set I can send.   

Chris

Thank you!