News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Another Aussie checking in.....

Started by hillsy, April 15, 2018, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillsy

G'day all from sunny Queensland!

I've owned a 93 non ABS FJ1200 for a few years now and most recently discovered this forum trying to find a fix for some annoying handlebar vibes - which lead me to the thread about greasing up the front mount bushings. Made a BIG difference and will probably look at the rear mounts as well soon enough.

Anyway, been riding for over 20 years and have owned many bikes in that time. Had a few XJ900's (F's and Diversions) over the years so pretty familiar with the Yamaha 4 cylinders. Also owned a good share of GS Suzukis and even a 1500 Intruder. Also currently own a Z1300 and an XT500 which are needing some work but will be back on the road in the (hopefully) near future.

So, thanks for the info on this forum and glad to be here ..... :good2:

TexasDave

Welcome. It is nice watching what the Aussies are doing in the summer while most of us are in hibernation in the winter.

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Urban_Legend

Welcome from Grafton NSW.
We have a strong FJ community in the southern QLD area, so please look out for any upcoming events. e.g. Shed Days, over night rides.
There is more information on here that you can poke a stick at and if you can't find it, just ask.

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

roverfj1200

Welcome to the forum and to the fellowship.

Quite a few active members here and on FB  https://www.facebook.com/groups/YamahaFJOwnersAust/

The Rally for March next year has been called be good to see you there and we run a few rides during the year aswell.

Cheers
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Bones

G'day Hillsy and welcome to the fold, there's a mountain of knowledge on here from people, some who have owned their FJ's since brand new, so don't be afraid to ask if your not sure about anything. If you need parts Randy from RPM has a business that's got just about everything you'll ever need and then some.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

Troyskie

G'day Hillsy, welcome aboard mate. What Rover and Mark said.

From your intro I think your FJ is in good hands.

Troyskie
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz