News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Got the dust knocked off last weekend.

Started by FJmonkey, April 25, 2018, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJmonkey

A fellow FJ owner Karl has been pestering me to ride and I have been way too busy. So I gave in and set a meet up time. A few familiar roads and and a few I wanted to explore. It was my first ride up to Ojai after the fires last Dec. This is a normal stop and look spot north of Ojai. It was a bit greener last time.

Karl and passing traveler from Utah.

Some green is already returning

A very old motorcycle stop attempting to reopen. A sign near the front door is asking for sport ride enthusiast that is also a lawyer to apply.

Next to final stop as the reservoir comes into view, good to see the thing full for a change.

The map https://tinyurl.com/y8afkrvk

Good weather, good company, great therapy.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

Twisty roads and another FJ owner to ride with.... priceless.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

fjbiker84

Looks like it was a nice day to ride.  Weather in SoCal this winter hasn't been all that inviting.

FJmonkey

My pre-flight and post-flight checks reveal my need for a new rear tire (in stock), valve adjustment, some plastic welding and diagnose my HID failure. A bit scary, with the last few dark miles from home and no headlamp. So in the spirit of getting rally ready I need to get the SoCal monkey garage open for the season. 
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

PaulG

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 25, 2018, 02:37:23 PM
So in the spirit of getting rally ready I need to get the SoCal monkey garage open for the season. 

I hear a Camarillo Brillo is a good thing to have around.  :music:  The green (or nearest facsimile for SoCal) will be back before you know it.
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G