News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Ain't that the truth

Started by ribbert, May 25, 2018, 07:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribbert

How many FJ forum members does it take to change a spark plug?

1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.

2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.

27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.

16 to post "F".

44 to ask what is a "F"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".

14 to post photos of spark plugs they own.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Firehawk068

I was just thinking about changing my spark plugs.........................I'm not going to bother now.
I'm planning to just leave them in   :sarcastic:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

TexasDave

You nailed it Noel.   :lol:

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Sparky84

How many for an oil change Noel?  (popcorn)

Cheers Alan
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

wainot-Phil

""""""""" Ain't  that  the. Truth """""""""
""Past Bikes""
Suzuki Stinger 125        
Honda 350/4
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GS1000
Kawasaki GPZ900R
Yamaha FJ1100 84
Yamaha FJ1100 85
1991 FJ1200
1990 FJ1200  Pinky
2006 FJR1300
1980 GS850
Z500 /4
XJR1300
"""Present Bikes""": 
  1985 FJ1100
FJ1200  94
GSX1400

rlucas

Try hanging out on the "Vintage Japanese Motorcycles" page on Facebook. It'll makes you want to issue a global bitch-slap to everyone involved.
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

PaulG

It's a good thing you didn't mention the anti-sieze controversy...  :shok: ... oops....
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G