News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Need Mikuni BS36 Carb Body Atlanta for 93 FJ1200A

Started by Buz, June 04, 2018, 10:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buz

I need just a single (1) Mikuni BS36 Carb Body for 93 FJ1200A. I am in Atlanta, Georgia 30115. I'd rather not say how I broke the original.   
Thx for your help. Buz

FJmonkey

Normally a broken float pin post. They can be fixed. Check with RPM, they service so many carbs they are likely to have parts. Click the banner above to contact them. Robert should be back in the shop today after the WCR.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

FJ_Hooligan

You need to say which carb it is.  There are differences between positions.
DavidR.

Buz

From left to right sitting on the bike facing forward, #2. The idle mixture screw was frozen. In an attempt to extract it with the easy-out, I chipped off a large portion of the front half of the idle mixture hole to the extent of exposing some of the threads that the idle mixture screw goes into. The idle mixture screw is toast. I have one on order from RPM. I could try to epoxy or jbweld the piece back on. It is a nice break. I would still worry about an air leak even if it held. Ideas?

balky1

Quote from: Buz on June 06, 2018, 11:37:58 AM
From left to right sitting on the bike facing forward, #2. The idle mixture screw was frozen. In an attempt to extract it with the easy-out, I chipped off a large portion of the front half of the idle mixture hole to the extent of exposing some of the threads that the idle mixture screw goes into. The idle mixture screw is toast. I have one on order from RPM. I could try to epoxy or jbweld the piece back on. It is a nice break. I would still worry about an air leak even if it held. Ideas?

If you can find a carb - that is the best idea.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

RPM - Robert

I'll look and see if we have anything in the spares

racerrad8

Snap a photo of the broken section. We see a lot of those and 99% of the time the carb body is still usable.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Kgip2k

Still working on getting the ol girl back together. Front masters have been swapped, carbs changed, got it running.  Need some air pods, figure out the turn signals, and then worry about the cosmetic situation