News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Adding a FJR thread

Started by Sabre093, June 24, 2018, 09:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre093

There are a number of us here who started on FJ's and now have FJR's...Some have both..I still ride with alot of FJ owners..my suggestion  is to add a FJR thread
Thanks
2009 FJR 1300
1992 FJ 1200
1987 FJ 1200 Sold
1986 FJ 1200 Sold
1985 Venture Royale
1976 GoldWing
1986 FZ 750
1986 GPZ 900
1984 Honda Nighthawk S 750
1982 Honda Nighthawk 450

TexasDave

The FJR is a great bike but there are numerous forums on the web dedicated to it already. I think this forum should remain strictly FJ's. JMO

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: Sabre093 on June 24, 2018, 09:11:25 AM
There are a number of us here who started on FJ's and now have FJR's...my suggestion  is to add a FJR thread
Thanks

Great idea, but it will go over like a lead balloon with the TPTB, and as has already been demonstrated, the diehards here too.

You would probably be better off starting your own FJR thread here, similar to how other bikes are done elsewhere at more progressive, non-specific bike and brand forums.

Good luck!
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

TexasDave

I am proud to be a FJ diehard. FJR info and discussion can still be posted in the General discussion section of this forum. If I want a larger and more specific technical discussion of the FJR I will visit one of the many FJR forums.

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Pat Conlon

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on June 24, 2018, 12:21:05 PM

Great idea, but it will go over like a lead balloon with the TPTB, and as has already been demonstrated, the diehards here too.

You would probably be better off starting your own FJR thread here, similar to how other bikes are done elsewhere at more progressive, non-specific bike and brand forums.

Remember folks, ^^^ this comes from a guy who has never contributed a nickel to this forum but has taken every advantage he can by placing free adds for the sale of his FJ's and all his FJ parts.
...and now he rags on us?

He is also known as Mr. Sunshine because he always has a good word to say. (Not)
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: Pat Conlon on July 04, 2018, 12:53:24 AM
Remember folks, ^^^ this comes from a guy [FJ1100mjk] who has never contributed a nickel to this forum

Pat if you are going to publicly smear someone on this forum, and on the internet for that matter. You need to back it up with facts. You're either A. a liar, or B. are ignorant. Which one is it, A, B, or both?

Check with your boss at FJowners.com, and let him give you the facts about me being a financial contributor to this website. Once, you get the real facts from him, and if you're man enough to own-up to your smear above, the right thing to do, since you have publicly smeared me, is to provide a public apology too. In the case, that he cannot provide the facts. I can (and will) do so. Record retention, that's one of the good things about the internet.

Remember folks, ^^^ this comes from a guy [FJ1100mjk] who has... taken every advantage he can by placing free adds for the sale of his FJ's and all his FJ parts.

Pat, please tell us all here what is wrong with placing FJ items and FJs in the appropriate areas for them here? Are their particular rules, such as any for contributors,  for non-contributors, or for guests? Any limits on the number of FJ items or FJs, that can be posted, or for their respective durations?

As far as I can see, I am doing all right, by taking "advantage" of what this website offers. And not abusing those areas in any way. But please, for the sake of everyone's knowledge, and for those who have not placed and are contemplating selling FJ items or FJs here, let use know what I have been doing wrong, so everyone is on the same page with this.

Remember folks, ^^^ this comes from a guy [FJ1100mjk] who ... is also known as Mr. Sunshine because he always has a good word to say. (Not)

Pat, again see above, which is it A., or B? Do I past or present, really "Not" always have a good word to say? Again, if you're going to publicly smear me, base your statements on facts. And again, if you cannot, I can prove your smear otherwise. If I am known as Mr. Sunshine, who are you (and your labeling cohorts) then? Fair is fair. Correct?

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Pat Conlon

Touched a nerve on Mr. Sunshine, a guy who is a self avowed " Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member".

Take your cynical, ungrateful, snarky attitude over to the FZ-1 forums and see how they receive your bullshit.

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out...
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: Pat Conlon on July 04, 2018, 11:33:10 AM
Touched a nerve on Mr. Sunshine, a guy who is a self avowed " Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member".

Take your cynical, ungrateful, snarky attitude over to the FZ-1 forums and see how they receive your bullshit.

No need to be a

and lash out, just because you can't admit that you're

However, after being here for years, and seeing your responses to others that you don't like, or dismiss, I am not surprised by it.

[FJ1100mjk], a guy who is a self avowed " Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member"

You were never one to have much (little) humor, nor recognize it here. The term "Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member", is a tongue in the cheek joke and in reference to.... Ah forget it, I don't need to go into the details. But maybe I do. Remember when you didn't know what WTF stood for, and I had to school you on that? LOL!

Please. Cynical, ungrateful snarky,bullshit? Look in the mirror.

Not going anywhere. Whenever I decide to leave, and my ass is going out the door, you can kiss it. Same goes for your like-minded buddies, such as Dick.

Respond (a well-deserved apology, is the right thing to do), or not, but I could care less.

And don't fret about me hanging around here. Everyone is free to come and go here as they wish. Contributors and non-contributors alike.

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

ZOA NOM

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on July 05, 2018, 07:44:01 AM
Not going anywhere. Whenever I decide to leave, and my ass is going out the door, you can kiss it. Same goes for your like-minded buddies, such as Dick.

Well, that's disappointing. While I've enjoyed spirited debate, I don't recall resorting to name-calling.

Anyway, thanks for the deal on the seat, Marty.
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Motoguy

I have recently purchased a 2004 FJR to ride while I fix my FJ. They are two completely different bikes, the FJR is very nice but kind of sterile compared to the FJ. It really makes me want my FJ back.

Jeff

racerrad8

Quote from: Sabre093 on June 24, 2018, 09:11:25 AM
There are a number of us here who started on FJ's and now have FJR's...Some have both..I still ride with alot of FJ owners..my suggestion  is to add a FJR thread
Thanks

Rich,

Thank you for the suggestion. At this point and time I am not inclined to create a FJR thread. I am a member of another forum that is FJ and FJR related. The biggest issue I see on a regular basis is trying to figure out what bike people have when they ask questions.

Since the FJR is a total different platform motorcycle, there is nothing that interchanges (other than tires and oil). So people pop up a question; "How do I adjust my valves?"...That then starts to gather two totally different answer since the FJ is shim over bucket and the FJR is shim under bucket. At some p[pint someone has to step in and get the topic pointed in the right direction.

You and all of the other members are more than welcome to continue to be a part of this group of guys that you know, but as far as FJR specific content I will leave that up to the FJR specific forum.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Mike m

I've researched the fjr and trying to create power with mods.it's very hard to get gains with that format.

Mike m

The suzuki bandit is very interesting.thier doing cool stuff with them.but money put directly in my fj is gonna trump Thier gains

TexasDave

Quote from: Mike m on July 14, 2018, 06:06:43 PM
The suzuki bandit is very interesting.thier doing cool stuff with them.but money put directly in my fj is gonna trump Thier gains
Yes I believe the Bandit is a lot of bike for the money and I think FJLee bought one last year. I think the FJ is a much better looking bike however. Having sat on the Bandit there is the same amount of leg room. The one I sat on is for sale in this area now. They don't hold their value very well and used ones can be picked up pretty cheap.

Dave