News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Evel live

Started by racerrad8, July 08, 2018, 07:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

I have just gotten home and started watching the beginning of the Evel Live special event.

It is on right now on the history channel.

So far there has been quite a bit of vintage footage of Evil Knievel jumps & stunts.

Travis Pistrana is attempting three of Evel's jumps tonight including the fountains of Cesar's Palace.

If you're not watching, hopefully you are recording.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Mike m

Mike m

Danny is a cool ads dude

Mike m

Id do it for a cool million bucks

FJ_Hooligan

The equipment that Travis is using is GENERATIONS ahead of the crap that Evel jumped with
DavidR.

Mike m

Yeah let him do it on the bike evil did ot on.

Mike m

racerrad8

Don't spoil it, I am going out to dinner and will have to watch when I get home.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Mike m

racerrad8

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on July 08, 2018, 08:05:41 PM
The equipment that Travis is using is GENERATIONS ahead of the crap that Evel jumped with

For sure, even though they kept hyping the "4 inches" of travel, the ramp was cushioned...

If Evel had the seat time and the understanding of how the bike reacts to throttle or brake input while flying, as well as better equipment he would have been much more successful.

It was very obvious when Travis would hit the brakes to drop the front wheel or accel to raise it. Just imagine if Evel had firgured that out.

I am glad I recorded, I was able to fast forward through all the fluff.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

FJ Flyer

Travis Pastrana lives up the road from us.  Down to earth family, nice guy.  Friend of mine knows the family and talked to his Dad.  Dad says Travis needs a masseuse to work on him every morning before he can get out of bed.  Tough gig, hard on the body to get to that level.  

He has a team of guys that actually do the math and understand the physics to get it right and minimize risk.  During the show they said Evel would stick his finger up to check the wind and go for it, more or less by the seat of his pants.  Amazing that Evel survived at all, let alone actually made some of those jumps.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.