News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Do you know who I am?

Started by TexasDave, July 12, 2018, 05:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasDave

This happened at a  New York   Airport .   This is hilarious.   I wish I had the guts of this girl.

An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York  for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.
---------------
A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled.

A single agent was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk.   He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir.   I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed.

He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone.

"May I have your attention, please?" she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.

"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS.
If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

=========

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Troyskie

Mate, not long ago I was passing through security at JFK.

I'd been working at a factory in LI that morning and went straight to the airport so I could hang at a lounge and catch-up on emails.

I was 3 hours early for check-in.

I spent 2 hours in security as the solvents etc. from the machines I was fooling with came up as explosives. My hands, mobile, laptop, bags, (only had carry-on), and clothes all came up as having explosives residue.

They tested me again and again. Every time the test showed explosive residue.

I was searched, the re-searched, searched again. My bags were repeatedly emptied and re-packed (they are actually better at packing my bags than I am :). )

Finally some senior dude was called in.

He went through the same process as everyone else, including asking why I might have explosives residue on me and everything I have. I explained the factory activities.

The weird thing about the whole experience is there were people absolutely going crackers all around, but all the staff were polite, friendly, and calm.

In the end the senior dude suggested I use a disinfectant wipe on my phone, laptop, mobile and hands if I'm playing funny-buggers in a factory before a flight again.

If I'd been late or even on time for my flight I would have been screwed. As nice as they were there was no 'hurrying-up'.

I did ask the guy if it was such a good idea to advise on how to beat the scanners (disinfectant wipes) and he just went quiet and suggested I'd better move on.

I get the full noise examination in just about every international airport so I always arrive early to allow for it, but this time was excessive. But only irritating.

It was pretty funny watching people go bananas because they can't plan their trip, pack properly, buy the cheapest flight and wonder why there's no red carpet, but I've got to say flying into, around, and out of the US is probably my least favourite place to aviate as a passenger.

All of the dickheads that make flying a pain also exist in Australia, but the US system is extra tough. I get why, but don't look forward to it.

Troyskie

1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Sparky84

Quote from: Troyskie on July 22, 2018, 01:24:40 AM

In the end the senior dude suggested I use a disinfectant wipe on my phone, laptop, mobile and hands.
Troyskie

Thanks for the insight, I'll give it a try  :crazy:

1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

TexasDave

I was the electrical foreman on a project for Dallas Area Rapid Transit a few years back. The man in charge of the project was a construction engineer. In his contract the construction company would fly him home every two weeks. Being late to the airport one Friday he did not have time to shower and the airport detected nitrates from the job and it took him 48 hours to get out of custody. He is now on the U.S. no fly list. He said it is nearly impossible to get off it.

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.