News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Start issue, high compression.

Started by arendal, August 01, 2018, 11:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arendal

Hi.

Still need to clean my carbs, but just want to give an update.

Now i got some 99 octane fuel, and that helped my engine knocking and gave a little smoother acceleration.

But this morning i noticed idle dropping 500rpm down when turn on lights, and further testing showed that flash and stoplight also affected the idle speed. ยจ
So now i will go for the coil relay mod.

I also found out that the rattle sound i don't liked, just came from the clutch lever  :rofl:

Now i only have some small rattle in idle, getting louder when i take off. But disappear when driving. In idle it disappear a little more when clutch pulled. I think it must be the famoes starter chain?

But when i drive the bike, i runs perfect from below 1500rpm and all way up, very smooth and clean. Maybe the best bike i ever drove.

Troyskie

He he he, the olde lever rattle....
Mate, have a look at the inside of the lever. they generally have a metal sleeve inside. You can bush it with electrical tape for a short term fix.
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

arendal

Now i put a relay for the coil. I think this solved my hard to start problem. Now I don't hear the starter turn before it engine is running.

But I still have idle dropping when turn on light but only when bike is hot.

I May think the voltage is to high 15 volt on battery. Is this to much?