News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

What has happened inside my engine??

Started by Old Rider, August 16, 2018, 01:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Rider

I'm replacing my clutch (thanks to RPM for shipping the parts superfast only 3days before they arrrived in Norway ,but as usual Norwegian post office are slow so its been laying around in the post here in Norway for many days now) anyway when i had the clutchbasket remowed i noticed some strange scorings/marks on the engineblock and some on the crank rod i have some pics.
What is it?
Also the oilpump gear is very wobbly and loose also in and out movement complete shaft about 3-4 millimeters is that normal? took some pics of that too
The inner metal frictionplate has a deep grove in it from the inner clutch springs doesent that affect the clutch realese movement in a bad way?
anyhow i have new fiberplates and metalplates lying in oil ready to mount it tomorrow if only Norwegian postoffice get the finger out so i can pick up my bearings from RPM.

balky1

To me it seems like the block was welded before.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009