News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hello from Germany

Started by jackaroo, September 15, 2018, 01:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackaroo

G-Day and Hello from Germany,

I am Frank, Locate in South west Germany. I drive FJ1100 since 3 years. I own now three FJ1100 (47E) plus my old BMW 90/6.

at first FJ1100 I change the Fork, Wheels, Handlebar, Brakes, Suspension, it runs now on 18" Rims / Tyres in Front and Rear.

Hi have now 3 Projects running,  FJ with a bit Street Tracker Style hopefully finished next year. The FJ Enduro and the BMW Seat Customising these projects run alongside.

But every thing takes his time I also have normal job and a wonderful family that support my passion for motorcycles.

cu Frank

Pat Conlon

Hallo Frank, willkommen in unserem Forum!
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Troyskie

G'day Jack, welcome mate.
Troyskie
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Bezmozek

hi Frank,

welcome here, lucky you, can get info here and parts at Mannheim Veterama.
BTW awaiting FJ enduro pics  :yes:
´85 FJ 1100

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

balky1

Welcome!
Greetings from Croatia!

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

Troyskie

1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Millietant

Welcome to the forum Frank.

I am jealous that you live so close to my favourite road in the world (Baden Baden, to Freudenstadt, to Triberg, to Titsee and then Waldshut) - a great one to ride on any FJ   :good2:

It will be great to see photographs of your bikes !!
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Tuned forks

This will be a good question for the European members.  Can US registered FJ's be brought over and ridden on your public roads without European registration or European insurance?

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Millietant

As far as I am aware yes, as long as your own US bike insurer covers you for foreign travel (in Europe). You should get a separate certificate from your insurer that identifies which countries you are covered for (or possible the exceptions where you are not covered).

I've seen US registered vehicles (cars and Motorhomes) on UK roads many times and certainly have seen many in mainland Europe, especially around US military bases - and I know we can bring our bikes to the US fir a holiday and ride them there.

Also, my brother-in-law (who is a US citizen) comes to the UK regularly on business and when he hires a car, his US insurance has been acceptable to our hire car companies - although he usually pays for their insurance any way, getting the "zero excess" cover (pays extra up front so that he gets charged for nothing in the case of any damage a team all).
Dean

Millietant

Quote from: Tuned forks on October 09, 2018, 07:46:09 PM
This will be a good question for the European members.  Can US registered FJ's be brought over and ridden on your public roads without European registration or European insurance?

Joe

If you do decide to come to the UK, let me know Joe - we can help with accommodation and route planning, as well as providing a base for storing luggage etc. If you didn't mind the company, we could probably ride with you for some of the time too  :smile:
Dean

Tuned forks

Thanks Dean.  Might be a potential bucket list item when I retire in a couple years.  I listened to Andy's stories about the Isle of Man race.  Gets a boy all excited you know mate?

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

balky1

Quote from: Tuned forks on October 09, 2018, 07:46:09 PM

Joe

Yes, no problem with that. Someone told you for insurance. If your insurance doesn't cover it, you will probably have to pay it upon arrival. Problems emerge when you want to transfer the vehicle to a EU licence plate (but not always).

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

jackaroo

Hello and thank´s all for answers and friendly Welcome,

@ Bezmozek , pics from my Enduro and Tracker will take a bit time, I have now Fork and wheels.
    when stick tougher I send pics from. I have 4 FJ1100 but only one runs the rest are for Parts or Projects.

@ Millietant, jep not far from my location, if you come along my home town at your trips let me know

@ Tuned Forks,  Millietant said the most about insurance correctly, but I know that insurance and
    Registration in US  and Australia different to ours.  Your insurers must cover Human and Car Damage's. I am not sure but I think that include your car registration only Human Damage's, damages on the car from accident opponents
    must covered extra. May be we can open a thread about insurance and RWC questions.

All my cars in Australia had an Aussie RWC and Insurance on my Name.

For "friendly travelers and strangers", as far as we can, we can help with the accommodation and route planning to.

we live in a wine region with nice food and wine, be careful with, maybe you want or can't drive further....... :sarcastic:

Frank