News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Left Inner Fairing Panel Stash Box Door 88 up

Started by woodcreekpete, December 04, 2018, 11:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodcreekpete

Afternoon all!
  Title pretty much sums it up. I need the latch mechanism too.
  Thanks, Peter

sleaner@hotmail.com

FJmonkey

Pete, I think someone posted how they made a new cover for the Stash Box. Not sure if they made a new latch. Try a search to see you can find it.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

woodcreekpete

Quote from: FJmonkey on December 04, 2018, 11:41:32 AM
Pete, I think someone posted how they made a new cover for the Stash Box. Not sure if they made a new latch. Try a search to see you can find it.

I've still got the door - the latch has been broken off of it. Making a new one seems like more work than the results would be worth.
  Last summer, while enjoying a few beers in the shack/shop, I decided a cleansing was needed. Loaded up half a trailer of wheels, frames, wiring and odds and ends. Posted it on Kijiji, the local version of Craigslist, for free. Got very little interest and nobody came around to have a look. So, off to the dump it went. Next day, as is usually the way things work, I needed one of the parts that had been binned. Pretty sure there were a couple of inner panels in there too. Broken tabs, cracked, but the stash doors were fine.

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor