News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hello from Perth, Western Australia

Started by Ribz0, December 02, 2018, 12:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ribz0

Hi there all... just joined here... Im in Mandurah, sth of Perth.

Always good to have a "go to" place and boy... is this a go to place!!

Ive had bikes in the past but recently back on a "fixeruperer"...  It's a 1991 3XW and im enjoying the old girl very much!

Look forward to chatting and hope to meet some others around the area.

Cheers

Eric
Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!

ZOA NOM

G'day mate!  Welcome aboard. This is THE place to be for FJers.

Very nice bike, btw
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Ribz0

Hi ya and thanks!!

Yes... lots of stuff here.... Ive been searching the globe for some bits so its great to see some awesome links from guys on here...

Im sure ill be visiting the parts links often....

Thats the bikes good side... looks good from there.... the other side... well..... I bought it off a guy who had it for 17yrs, and he reckons he dropped it in his garage... so have been chasing some fairing bits... all good... just another one of those "work in progress" things... i enjoy riding it though...

Cheers..

aviationfred

Welcome to the forum  :hi:
Your fix er upper looks to be in pretty good shape  :good2:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Sparky84

G'day and Welcome Eric from southern suburbs of Sydney and a big COOEE

I don't think the winds blowing the right way for you to hear it though..

Mate, from the picture it looks a nice clean bike (but sometimes they always do).

Been for a ride over to your neck of the woods quite a while ago now, back then I needed haircuts or the next sized helmet up.

Next March there's the Annual Rally over in NSW if you feel like a weekend away and a quick sprint across the Nullabor.

Cheers
Alan

1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

Millietant

Welcome Eric (from the other side of the world)  :good2:

What you have there looks like a very good place to start as a fixer-upper. Im sure you'll enjoy both the bike and the help/bullsh*t/p*ss-taking (probably from the likes of me :yes:) that you'll also get from here.

Cheers!
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Tuned forks

Now the addiction begins Eric. You have found the place for like minded people and there are lots of your countrymen on this site too.  Welcome.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Pat Conlon

Welcome laddie!

I would have sold my FJ years ago had I not found these guys on this forum.

I've been asking Randy @ RPM to start an automatic pay roll deduction plan.
That way I can tell SHMBO, "Gee honey, it looks like the Fed's are taking more taxes out of my check...." This would make it so much less painful for me...

Pat
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJmonkey

Looks like you have a great bike to build from. Welcome to the Asylum from one of the afflicted.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Troyskie

G'day Eric,

Welcome aboard mate.

It looks like Perth is becoming a new FJ Owners place.

My Bro lives in Maddington. He has an 1100. He also has a couple of mates with FJ's as well. IIRC one of them is down your way, possibly Rockingham.

Troyskie
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Ribz0

Hi there all... and thanks for the warm welcome...

Thanks Fred... its a good start and it has been looked after... not having an FJ before, its just a learning thing now... and I am learning that some parts are hard to find... but hey... im always up for a challenge... Ill prob start doing some work in the winter... but im just gonna enjoy it now with the nice weather...

Cheers Allan... Im on the facebook page and have seen the Rally planned for next year... it will be a sight to see... I doubt ill get the chance to head over... and even if i did... my ass wouldnt handle the ride... lol... so id be a softie and trailer it...  :empathy:

G'Day Dean..  ah... its not that far away... lol... I shop yr way all the time... seems to be a better supply of parts in yr neck of the woods thats for sure.... Im up for lots of help... and can handle the bull and other taking activities...  :sarcastic:

Thanks Joe... Addiction? gah... im feeling a bit left out looking at everyone's list of bikes they own... and thats not a bad thing... Addiction? i prefer to call it a hobby...

Hi ya Pat.... Im hearing you there... Im a bit lucky as my Mrs is used to me parts hunting... Im a car guy so im always shopping for goodies and bargains... I have spent a many few hours on RPM and eBay and Gumtree and... well... you know...

Thanks FJmonkey and Troyskie... Its not that bad... its all just nuts and bolt... the sanity of my chaos life... 

Is your Bro on here to Troyskie? Looks like you have a nice collection there!!

Cheers all... ill be scrolling through the threads when I can..  :good2:

Urban_Legend

Welcome Brother, from another mother (and father too).

More info than you can poke a stick at on here. You will find a lot of the usual suspects from the Facebook page on here, but there are few that have resisted the urge to be that socially networked.
There are a few on here that have forgotten more than we will ever know, Pat, Noel ( Ribbet), FJ Monkey anf Randy spring to mind here. These guys know their FJ's.
Lots of us from Straya on here too.

Would be nice to see you at an Aussie rally, but with the distances involved, we understand you not making it.
I noticed we have a lot from WA on the FB page, so mabe a west coast rally or manshed day to do a meet and greet?

One thing I have noticed/learned is that FJ guys will go that extra mile to help out. Hell I have a 2500km round trip planned for later this week to attend the Bermagui shed day, just because.

Chat to you again soon

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

FJ_Hooligan

DavidR.

Ribz0

Hi Mark... lol... hell... we all related now!!

Oh yes there is mate... cant say im bored now! not that I ever am.... but a many great reads... and so much to learn from people who know... and its AWESOME that there are people who know!!

Yeah... I can relate to keeping off social media but it is a great tool for important stuff like this....  :good2: But yes... being new to the scene, im seeing more and more WA guys so thats good... A manshed meet and greet!!! Now thats a great idea!!

I just had a look on Google maps... OMG!!! you have a nice trip ahead of you mate!!!

Safe travels and look forward hearing all about it...

Cheers...  :good:

Ribz0

Ok David... I'll bit....

Dont know... where should it be?

So from what limited knowledge I have so far, this model had an option for ABS... this is not ABS and is the last of the carbies.... Im still learning the differences between bikes... so please... give me some knowledge....

Cheers