News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2019 West Coast Rally - Hayfork Bar 717 Ranch 5/30-6/2/2019

Started by Flynt, December 30, 2018, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How committed are you to attending 2019 WCR in Hayfork (given terms below)?

Committed to attend
12 (63.2%)
Likely to attend, willing to place deposit
6 (31.6%)
Unlikely to attend, unwilling to place deposit
1 (5.3%)
Will not attend
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 13, 2019, 10:00:27 AM

ZOA NOM

Sorry about that Frank, I marked the raw video to add the text and forgot to go back in the final processing. I'll get better. It's actually Tina waving to US on the way out Saturday morning. San Dimas Mike rode solo.

BTW, weren't we supposed to vote on the 2020 WCR location before we left?
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Firehawk068

I made it safely back to Denver area, rolling in front of my house around 7:30pm on Monday.

Had no issues except for a broken tent-pole-end, and a slightly annoying "Hot-Start" slow-crank issue with my FJ.

The service and care provided by the Staff at Bar-717 was second to none!

Riding was fantastic! And seeing everyone was even better.

The only thing that would have made it better for me would have been the addition of Leon..............You certainly were missed!

I'll post up some pictures when I get them loaded on my home PC.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Tuned forks

It was as pleasure meeting you Alan.

I agree about the staff at the Ranch.  Number 1.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Mike 86 in San Dimas

https://youtu.be/00Cr4fzumSU

Line em up. From Tina. We had great time enjoyed seeing familiar faces and meeting new. On the way home we stayed with friends in Fairfield in wine country and then stopped in Gilroy and Paso Robles got home yesterday fun fun fun

1tinindian

Quote from: Firehawk068 on June 05, 2019, 01:03:52 PM

The only thing that would have made it better for me would have been the addition of Leon..............You certainly were missed!

Thanks man, that is huge for me. I promise I'll make something happen next year, this has been killing me!
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Derek Young

Donna and I got home this evening. We took our time going north and found some amazing campsites in central Oregon. Rode some of the Cascade Lakes Highway and the amazing Newberry Caldera National Monument. (Thanks to Frank and Dianne for the suggestions.)

The staff at the bar 717 were awesome, love that venue!

It was great to see many old friends and also to meet some new ones. I must agree with Alan Steve, Leon levels were much too low at this rally! You were definitely missed my friend!

So glad everyone made it home safely!

Derek (and Donna)
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

Flynt

Diane and I left Hayfork and went to Truckee for two nights, then went down to SF Bay Area to pick up our last car that was still in CA.  A buddy in Walnut Creek made an offer I couldn't refuse for a nice Featherlite flatbed trailer, so we used his lift to raise my trailer, remove wheels, and place it on the flatbed...  Here's a couple pics of the reverse process on my lift...

FJs hanging by a thread...

Safely back on the ground and ready to unload from the next trailer...

I'm delighted Hayfork worked out this time...  the 3S to 36W to 101N to 299E to 3S loop on Saturday was absolutely epic with the most high speed sweeper count of any day's worth of riding in my memory. 

I committed to looking for other Bar 717 type facilities for next year's WCR, so I'll hopefully have some suggestions over the next few weeks...  Going to be hard to top this one however...

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...