News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2019 West Coast Rally - Hayfork Bar 717 Ranch 5/30-6/2/2019

Started by Flynt, December 30, 2018, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How committed are you to attending 2019 WCR in Hayfork (given terms below)?

Committed to attend
12 (63.2%)
Likely to attend, willing to place deposit
6 (31.6%)
Unlikely to attend, unwilling to place deposit
1 (5.3%)
Will not attend
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 13, 2019, 10:00:27 AM

ribbert

Quote from: Tuned forks on February 28, 2019, 07:02:11 PM
I sent mine in on Monday.  As of a few minutes ago, it hasn't cleared my bank.

Joe

A number of people in the last few days have mentioned mailing cheques (checks) Is this common practice in the US?

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ZOA NOM

Quote from: ribbert on March 01, 2019, 06:29:21 AM
Quote from: Tuned forks on February 28, 2019, 07:02:11 PM
I sent mine in on Monday.  As of a few minutes ago, it hasn't cleared my bank.

Joe
A number of people in the last few days have mentioned mailing cheques (checks) Is this common practice in the US?

Noel

It's old-school. The folks up at Hayfork are out in the country without much in the way of internet access or cell phone coverage, so they like things simple. Most of us in the 'Burbs would just PayPal or Venmo, etc to send some money to someone. I actually didn't have any checks, and had to order them before I could send one.

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Flynt

Quote from: ZOA NOM on February 28, 2019, 01:05:10 PM
You don't have me and Ramos listed as paid...

Again... I didn't update the list yet since Kent is confirming the checks received as of today (3/1), but you guys were counted in my rough total as were several people that responded via PM or just posted their requests.  Working on preparing a proper honeymoon suite...

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

ZOA NOM

Quote from: Flynt on March 01, 2019, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: ZOA NOM on February 28, 2019, 01:05:10 PM
You don't have me and Ramos listed as paid...

Again... I didn't update the list yet since Kent is confirming the checks received as of today (3/1), but you guys were counted in my rough total as were several people that responded via PM or just posted their requests.  Working on preparing a proper honeymoon suite...

Frank

Duh. Sorry.
Rick

Current:
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Tuned forks

1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Flynt

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on March 05, 2019, 08:46:07 PM
Mine bounced a week ago. WTF

You two are paid up as are the others who spoke up here...  we are sitting at $850 received by Kent, so not at $1000 yet.  It would be good if those that are still procrastinating** to send in their deposit.  I'll talk to Kent on Monday (3/11) and would like to tell him the checks are in the mail and move on to the next phase.  I don't think we're in any danger of losing the venue at this point and a BIG THANKS to those that have risen to the occasion thus far.

After the deposit meets the minimum, Kent will be open to additional sign-ups made directly with him and he will continue to collect deposits.  He'll also work out the accommodations and we'll publish the full sign-up list to date when we open up the direct signups.  Any fine-tuning of accommodations will also be done directly with him, so I can be out of the way.  I'll remain on the side to help sort anything that comes up...

Frank

** - I'm going skiing instead of updating and publishing the list...  you know who you are!

Tuned forks

Thank you for helping us Frank.  Have fun in the white stuff.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher

Flynt

Quick update...  Kent has confirmed $1000 in deposits have been received and we're locked in.  The kitchen remodel has been slowed a bit by all the rain this year, but he's confident they'll be ready for us.  I'll get the updated list with nights and accommodations published again over the weekend and send to Kent as well, then I'll get out of the way and let the details and additional signups be worked with him directly.

I'm also getting some additional ride suggestions from Kent, but those familiar with the area should also chime in...  we need some replacement leads for the rides each day since our usual planning staff is reduced this year with Randy and Pat not attending.  Volunteers?

Frank

Flynt

Final Update...  but first a reminder.

Event: 2019 FJ Owners West Coast Rally

Location: Bar 717 Ranch, Hyampom Rd, Hayfork, CA 96041 http://www.bar717.com

Dates: Available from 5/30/19 (Thursday afternoon arrivals) through 6/2/19 (Monday checkout/departure).  
Rates**:

2 meals/day plus carry off lunch included.  (also incl Thursday night dinner and late arrival sandwich bar, Sunday morning breakfast and carry off lunch)
     Camping  $45/night
     Platform (3 wall structures with cots) $65/night
     Guest Rooms $130/night for single or $190/night double occupancy

Without meals (not recommended!...  long way to food and roads not friendly for riding/driving back to Ranch afterward!)
     Camping  $15/night
     Platform  $35/night
     Guest Rooms $100/night for single or $130/night double occupancy

** All rates are 2 night minimum stay.  Individuals can stay from 2 to 4 nights, Thursday through Sunday night (departing Monday) if desired.

Routes++:
  Loop 1 - Hwy 36 to Fortuna.  101 to 299.  299 to Douglas City.  Hwy 3 back to Hayfork.  https://goo.gl/maps/6FGAECaH6912
  Loop 2 - Underwood Mtn Rd to 299.  299 to Willow Creek.  96 to I5 at Yreka.  Hwy 3 back to Hayfork: https://goo.gl/maps/Ly73h5nKMtT2
  more to follow...
  ++ Routes are suggestions from Bar 717 Director, Kent Collard.  Kent has motorcycling experience in the area and has some experience with these suggestions...  these routes are 270 and 350 miles respectively, so we'll need to shorten them up...  of course other suggestions are welcomed!

Agenda: TBD, but here's a rough timeline...
  Thursday (5/30) - Afternoon arrivals gather for dinner/drinks and wait for greet arrivals
  Friday (5/31) - Morning or ?? departure for group ride(s) planned out Th night.  Friday arrivals join for dinner.
  Saturday (6/1) - Morning or ?? ride...  Group Dinner/Activities (I have no plan here, but Monkey will come up with some fun stuff I'm sure)
  Sunday (6/2) - Morning or ?? ride for us retired types...  Most of group departs after breakfast.
  Monday (6/3) - stragglers depart

Here is the current capture of deposits paid and accommodations requested.  ALL FURTHER UPDATES SHOULD GO TO KENT AT BAR 717 DIRECTLY!  

With the event fast approaching, we should think about how we're going to organize rides and such this year...  Randy and Pat are not attending and leave a big gap in ride leadership.  I'm guessing Can Ron will lead his familiar group and that the "Fast" group will likely stick together, but a couple of volunteers to work with Kent, study up a bit, and organize a ride or two might be helpful.

Frank

PS - How can RPM not be on the list of attendees?  I know Randy can't attend, but doesn't that mean Robert has to be there to represent (and repair everybody's bikes of course)...?

Tuned forks

Frank, thank you very much for all the work you have performed to get the Rally together and dealing with a bunch of us procrastinators.

I don't like riding fast on roads that I do not know so maybe my position should be as Pat's replacement?  I suppose we can work out details on Thurs night.  I plan to spend most of Thurs riding up from the City.  Hopefully I'll arrive in the afternoon.  If anyone else is interested in riding up 101 N to 36, LMK.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher

RPM - Robert

Jamie and I will be in Arizona for a wedding that weekend for some friends, or else I would be there. Plus, I just bring the BFH. Pop is the one that has the deft hand for repairing bikes at rallies :biggrin:

T Legg

After googling the area around the routes I don't see any way to shorten them without doubling back.There are a few cow-paths cutting through the mountains but they look like they turn to dirt roads at certain points.Both routes are longer in miles and time than the ride in to Hayfork from Reno.beautiful country but a long days ride on the weekend I bet.Maybe Kent knows if the small connecting roads like Cecilville road are worth taking.  
T Legg

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1986 FZ750