News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2019 West Coast Rally - Hayfork Bar 717 Ranch 5/30-6/2/2019

Started by Flynt, December 30, 2018, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How committed are you to attending 2019 WCR in Hayfork (given terms below)?

Committed to attend
12 (63.2%)
Likely to attend, willing to place deposit
6 (31.6%)
Unlikely to attend, unwilling to place deposit
1 (5.3%)
Will not attend
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 13, 2019, 10:00:27 AM

Tuned forks

Rick, it's got to be a sign from the motorcycle gods.  :biggrin:

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Mike 86 in San Dimas

I'll apologize in advance for asking, it's probably on this thread somewhere. Do we pay the balance of our tab once we arrive or do we need another payment in advance. As I recall we are to contact Bar 717 to finalize our accommodations. Correct? Look forward to seeing everyone.
Mike

Flynt

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on April 25, 2019, 09:54:39 PM
I'll apologize in advance for asking, it's probably on this thread somewhere.

No issue asking questions...  and this is a good one.  I'm sure there are more floating around...  I had a PM asking if alcohol is permitted at Bar 717 for example.  I'm happy to report that they are fine with BYOB.  I'll answer whatever I can and help get an answer otherwise.

As for your question...  Kent says we each take care of our bill with him when we're there.  The advance deposits will go toward your bill and you settle up when you''re leaving.  I'd advise folks with a fixed plan/charge to pay when you have a few extra minutes during the weekend and avoid the rush.  For accommodations, he will place you where he thinks best, but you are free to change it...  you may want to call and discuss your needs with him.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

ZOA NOM

Is Kent set up to take credit cards, or do we need to bring cash/check?
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Flynt

Quote from: ZOA NOM on April 26, 2019, 07:55:54 AM
Is Kent set up to take credit cards, or do we need to bring cash/check?

He was able to take my payment via cc last time around, so it should be no problem.  I'll verify with him and post up any contrary news.

Frank

Mike 86 in San Dimas

The General

G'day mates. Much to my regret I will not be attending Hayfork, though my bike will be there with Ron Chase at the helm.
It will be available for sale after the event and I encourage any perspective buyers to talk to Fred or Ron about this sweet ride. Would love to get half of what it cost me, but even then it's probly over the top.... but I am definitely selling it and much of my camping equipment due to the expense of transport to Australia.
Wishing you all a great and safe ride.  :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Firehawk068

Quote from: The General on May 16, 2019, 07:17:20 PM
G'day mates. Much to my regret I will not be attending Hayfork, though my bike will be there with Ron Chase at the helm.
It will be available for sale after the event and I encourage any perspective buyers to talk to Fred or Ron about this sweet ride. Would love to get half of what it cost me, but even then it's probly over the top.... but I am definitely selling it and much of my camping equipment due to the expense of transport to Australia.
Wishing you all a great and safe ride.  :drinks:

Darn it Doug!
I was hoping to see you there.
That bike of yours is a sweet ride!
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

yamaha fj rider

In two weeks we will be in waking up in Hayfork.

Will someone please turn off the sprinklers. weather.com has it drying out just before we get there, my fingers are crossed.

See you all there.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Flynt

Quote from: yamaha fj rider on May 17, 2019, 09:10:34 AM
In two weeks we will be in waking up in Hayfork.

Will someone please turn off the sprinklers. weather.com has it drying out just before we get there, my fingers are crossed.

See you all there.

Kurt

My fingers are crossed too...  I was part of the "drowned rat" crew last time around.  Lots of folks just skipped based on the forecast.  If you come and it rains, we will still have a good time riding in the wet and/or warming with a beer by the fire.

Kurt beat me to a message about being 2 weeks out...  I hope everyone has talked with Kent at the Ranch and has their preferences all worked out.  Even folks that will camp should give him a call to make sure he knows what's going on with you and can maybe help find the best spots.

My stable is nearing rally readiness...  Wizard's valves are adjusted and Stormy goes under the knife on Sunday.  Both bike are running well and we're ready for a weekend away.  Looking forward to seeing whoever makes it.  Everyone be safe getting there!

Frank

FJmonkey

Hayfork was my first WCR, and I have only missed one WCR since then. I am eager to return and enjoy the festivities again, rain or shine.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Flynt

Quote from: FJmonkey on May 17, 2019, 07:21:51 PM
Hayfork was my first WCR...

Mine too...  I had met Randy already and ran into him on hwy5 heading up.  We learned together that stopping to eat as you're heading in to Hayfork late is a good idea.  The restaurant in town was ok and it did the job.  I also found the local "general store" carried men's underwear which I had forgotten to pack.  Monkey man forgot his riding boots as I recall...  but he can finish that story.

I mostly remember sitting among the group, next to the fire, and hearing Andy ride in and then drape himself in the Brit flag and parade about the place looking for a beer.  I felt lucky to have found this group of characters to ride with...  I'm looking forward to being there again as well...  beautiful spot wet or dry.

Frank

aviationfred

Looks like the weather knows we are coming and decided to clear up for the WCR.  :good2: :yahoo: :drinks:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Flynt

I talked to Kent yesterday and we're pretty much set on how this will work.  Not everyone (in fact, almost nobody) talked to Kent to get your lodging details worked out, so he and I went through the list to make preliminary assignments.  Kent will have all of the guest rooms and 4 of the platform tents ready, along with camping spaces, so he can work the details as we arrive.  I'll help to make sure we don't miss any of the finer details (like getting the honeymoon suite all set for ZN and Midget).  

The kitchen/dining area complete with new fireplace is ready to use...  they've been using the kitchen already as the exterior work continues.  They'll have some cosmetic gaps around the hardscape stuff, but the facility is fully functional and the fireplace is "a big improvement" over what was already a great feature of this venue.

The only real planning gap now is around the rides...  Kent had sent the two LONG rides (too long), but he said the local roads are now melted off enough that we will have choices to make shorter loops.  I'm hoping to discuss with him in more detail when I get there next Th and have some suggestions.  

Get those projects wrapped up gentlemen...  It's Rally time!

Frank

ZOA NOM

Nice! Thanks for all your efforts, Frank. Should be a great Rally. I got no answer when I called, must have been out and about. Sounds like it's ready to go, tho. See you all soon!

PS, thanks for the extra attention to the honeymoon suite...
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca