News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2019 Central Rally dates and location

Started by aviationfred, January 09, 2019, 07:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ_Hooligan

Last year, riding with the FJ group, bad weather had washed significant gravel onto most of the corners.  One of the non-FJ riders in my group hit a large rock and bent his front rim bad enough that the bead popped.  The bike had to be retrieved by truck (a 6-hour ordeal).  It was such a disappointment that I vowed to not make the trek to Push Mountain again.

Well, a year goes by and you tend to remember the good stuff and supress the bad.  I was on Push Mountain (AR341) last Friday with a group of 4 riders.  Initially we were concerned about gravel since the weather was raining up to Thursday of last week.  Friday was a glorious weather day and not a pebble was to be found on the immaculate surface of AR341.

When we reached the 341 Market (pictured above with my '85) the lady said the ARDOT sweeper truck swept the entire road just a few hours earlier.  There is also new asphault almost all the way to 201.  

You guys will have fun.
DavidR.

Country Joe

It is with just a little bit of frustration  that I must announce that I will not be attending the Central FJ Rally this year. I just discovered that the boss is going to be on vacation in Europe the week I was planning on being home in Arkansas. You can figure out the rest........Ya' all have fun in the hills.
1993 FJ 1200

FJ_Hooligan

Joe,

My next trip to Arkansas is June 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. 

Will you be in Arkansas that week?
DavidR.

Country Joe

David,
Those dates will work at this time. I will put in to be off that week and see how it goes.
1993 FJ 1200

Country Joe

Dr. Raforth,
I will indeed be back in Arkansas during the 1st week of June. Looking forward to riding with you and your cohorts from out your way.

Joe
1993 FJ 1200

FJ_Hooligan

Cool Joe!

We've cut it back to 5, 6, 7, and 8.  Push MTN was awesome back in April.

That was the second trip in a row that I didn't get to do Upper 123.  Looking forward to spending some quality miles on that road.
DavidR.

Country Joe

David,
We will spend all the time you like on Upper 123. I'm good with that.  :pardon:The only day that I have anything planned for those days is on the 8th, we are celebrating my son's birthday on that day, before I have to head back to West Virginia.
1993 FJ 1200

aviationfred

The Rally is a week and a half away. There are still rooms available.

If you live in the Midwest or the mid South come on and ride to Arkansas. There are some of the best twisty roads to ride in the country. If you have never been to a Rally, the experience is something not to forget. Call, make a reservation and tell them that you are with the FJowners.com group.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

aviationfred

The Rally is in a few days. There has not been a lot of interest, but I will be there with my daughter.

The weather looks good for ride days on Friday and Saturday.

Throw a leg over the bike and come join me in the Ozarks.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

tspcobra

Quote from: aviationfred on January 09, 2019, 07:07:03 AM
The dates for the 2019 will be 21-23 June. The exact location has yet to be determined. The general location will be in the Harrison to Jasper Arkansas area.

Fred

Have any dates been set for a 2020 central rally? I live in deep south texas and I've never been to an FJ rally. I dates are set please let me know. Thanx.
Tom