News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Rebuilding the fuel petcock

Started by T Legg, January 17, 2019, 08:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balky1

http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4140

I did have the problem with this kit though. Small plunger O-ring was leaking. The rest of the rubber parts still work fine after 6 or 7 years.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

stou

stou

Oups... it's out of stock now :-(

I'll write to them to see if they plan to get some more.

T Legg

I spoke with a guy at J&P cycles. He also owns an fj ands has one of their petcock seals sitting on his work bench at home.unfortunately they are too large. It's a good thing the Britt's sell a kit.
T Legg

balky1

Quote from: stou on January 20, 2020, 02:11:17 PM
Oups... it's out of stock now :-(

I'll write to them to see if they plan to get some more.

Description says it will be available end of January.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

stou

I maybe found a good solution. Only time will tell if it's very good or not. I used TPU and 3D printed a seal. I put some fuel in the valve this morning and still no leak. TPU is a very flexible plastic and it have a very good chemical resistance.

stou

Quote from: balky1 on January 22, 2020, 01:32:29 AM

I didn't noticed that. If my 3D printed not work in long terme test, I'll order one when available. But I'm confident that my printed one will resist to the fuel.

T Legg

Quote from: stou on January 23, 2020, 03:02:26 PM
Quote from: balky1 on January 22, 2020, 01:32:29 AM

I didn't noticed that. If my 3D printed not work in long term test, I'll order one when available. But I'm confident that my printed one will resist to the fuel.
.                                                                                               Stou how is your 3D printed fuel petcock selector gasket holding up ?
T Legg

T Legg

I've had my rebuilt petcock fail and flow fuel with no vacume present several times now since I've rebuilt it. Twice I took it apart and could find nothing wrong and it would work again for months after I reassembled it. I then replaced the diagram again and then the plunger o-ring and as before it would work fine until it didn't. This time I took it apart and everything looked perfect again so I put two of the springs for the diagram togethor slipped inside each other not end to end . So far so good. No more leaking and it still flows normally with vacume applied.
T Legg