News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

coils

Started by Scottie1, February 08, 2019, 09:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Quote from: Old Rider on February 10, 2019, 03:31:51 AM
What is inside the holes where the red arrows pointing and how do they come out?

Rolf,

They are a fixed air jet for the emulsion tube as Pat mentioned and are not removable.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Scottie,

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. Maybe in an effort to prevent this type of thing effecting someone else, you can read many of the carb rebuild reports from customers here: Reviews: Praise or Rants of ANY motorcycle related business

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Old Rider

Quote from: Pat Conlon on February 10, 2019, 10:19:16 AM
Old Rider, did you mean to post your question here?
If not, no worries I can move over to your thread, just let me know....

To answer your question, courtesy of our Carb Guru, DavidR:

That's the Main Air Bleed.  It provides a passage for bleed air that gets mixed with fuel in the needle jet, or emulsion tube.  

If it gets clogged, the mixture drawn into the carb throat will be overly rich.

It's a fixed orafice that performs essentially the same function as the removeable Air Pilot (Idle) Jet on the opposite side of the intake.  The Air Pilot Jet controls the amount of bleed air that gets mixed with fuel from the Idle Jet.  The resulting mixture then travels to the Idle Mixture ports.

Thanks Pat and Randy for the good explanation. I posted the question here since there was alot of carbtalking here and hoping to find a fast answer  :yes: You can move the post if you want to

Rolf

Scottie1

Quote from: racerrad8 on February 10, 2019, 02:28:04 PM
Scottie,

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. Maybe in an effort to prevent this type of thing effecting someone else, you can read many of the carb rebuild reports from customers here: Reviews: Praise or Rants of ANY motorcycle related business

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Randy - RPM
I will do thank you all so much for the help
1986 FJ1200
1982 XJ750 R Seca

Paul.1478

When I got my FJ that was sitting for years I was lucky enough to be suggested to send my carbs to RPM. I have never had any of the countless issues most have had. best 150 I have ever spent on a bike.
2006 GL1800
2009 KLR650
1976 RD400
1993 FJ 1200 ABS

Tuned forks

Gotta agree with Paul there.  Robert did up my carbs right.  Engine is much smoother and starts better.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket