News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

DIY Bike stands

Started by DitchDiggrr, February 11, 2019, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribbert

Quote from: Tuned forks on February 18, 2019, 10:16:44 AM
So I suppose you could attach a ratchet strap to the rear so as to lift the front tire for servicing as well?

Joe

Yep, it's that simple....and very stable.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ribbert

Quote from: DitchDiggrr on February 18, 2019, 10:30:42 AM

Good greif man!!! 9500$!?!?

What all ended up breaking??

Not much, it was a BMW!!

For example, the LH switch block is $1000.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ribbert

Quote from: Millietant on February 18, 2019, 07:42:12 AM

Ouch Noel........ did the table give way, or did the bike just topple ?

Pushing it back inside on the table, which I've done a thousand times and the garage door was not fully open, clipped the screen which rolled it off the centre stand. Could have been worse, had it fallen the other way it would have landed on two other bikes, one being my good FJ and other my son's new bike he bought only a few weeks earlier.

I have never felt the need to use supplementary restraints on the table. It looks scary raised but in reality, a bike on the table on the it's centre stand is no less stable than it is on the ground (once you get used to the sway in the table when fully raised)
I use my bike table 4 or 5 times a week, and for many years, many times a day for a living. This is the first time in 50 years I've lost one. As a young bloke, we had fixed, oil soaked, greasy wooden tables with ramps, no such thing as lift tables back then and I would ride the bikes onto it and the other guy would catch me. Seems ridiculous now but we never lost one.