News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1986 FJ1200 lower belly pan

Started by Scottie1, February 28, 2019, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie1

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a lower belly pan for sale, or know where I can get one apart from Sellers on EBay in Europe.
1986 FJ1200
1982 XJ750 R Seca

FJmonkey

RPM had some fiberglass ones a few years ago. Not sure if they sold them all. Always good to check with them first. They have way more FJ related stuff than anyone. If they don't have it, they might know where to look for it.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Scottie1

1986 FJ1200
1982 XJ750 R Seca

Tuned forks

I saw a lot of bodywork on top of the shelves last Oct.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

FJnube

There is a nice repo made in England.  It isn't too expensive even with shipping.  Sorry I don't have the website bookmarked but shouldn't be too hard to find.  I was going to get one until one showed up on ebay and I got it and it is near perfect.  It took 9 months on ebay to score this by the way.  You can also keep trying craigs looking for "parting out" or I also found one that someone had extra with a 86 for sale add.  He wanted crazy money and we could not come up with a deal but they are out there if you look.

Scottie1

I have seen fiberglass on a FJ site in England it works out at around $120. I am flying there to go back home in April I may buy it and put it in my suitcase. The wife will not be happy but I have 40 days to prepare her
1986 FJ1200
1982 XJ750 R Seca

Millietant

Quote from: Scottie1 on March 01, 2019, 01:43:15 AM
I have seen fiberglass on a FJ site in England it works out at around $120. I am flying there to go back home in April I may buy it and put it in my suitcase. The wife will not be happy but I have 40 days to prepare her

Scottie - If that's the one from the UK FJOC, it's been manufactured with extra strengthening in the areas where the originals break (including where they snap off on the left side, under the side stand pivot area) and if you're here anyway, it'd be a good opportunity to pick one up - if you decide you want one, I'd be happy to get one for you, when I order one for myself and arrange to hand it over when you're in the UK.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.