News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

ECSR Boone '19

Started by ddlewis, March 26, 2019, 12:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst3kguy

Ok peeps, pony up some  $ to Nancy R, she's ordered $300 of rallywood for us.  She has PayPal, PM her I guess for P/P address, I don't know if she wants that out or not, or pay her at Boone.  Don't be "that guy" that doesn't contribute!
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

rvnmaniac

Two new tires. Changed the oil and filter. Must be BOONE  time
"GO RAVENS"

ddlewis

rolled by 6:20 and home @ noon.  Got to be a record.   I would like to thank Dean for getting me up and out early by snoring like a rhinoceros.

Good times as always, but this time with good weather.  only 360 days til next one.   :drinks:

CodyNKR

We are about to pull into my road. Had a lot of fun as always with my FJ brothers!
NancyK

Bill_Rockoff

I rolled out a bit after 7am, got to Athens around 11:15, got home around 1pm. I forgot to close all the jacket vents, so it was a bit cool going south on 105 and 221. There was very little traffic, and it was a very pretty section of road I haven't ridden in years, so it was a nice couple of hours.

Even I-26 and I-85 through South Carolina and north Georgia went by pretty quickly. I picked 221 and I-26 to Greenville instead of 321 to I-85 near Charlotte because I thought it was worth the extra 2 minutes added to my travel time, basically trading 30 crappy interstate minutes for 32 lovely back-road ones. Also, because I was headed to Athens GA instead of straight home, I exited the highway only 15 miles into Georgia rather than the usual 83. So, I was on 2-lane roads through rural Georgia farmland, listening to REM's "Dead Letter Office" (which includes their 1982 "Chronic Town" EP) as I rode down to University of Georgia from the north.

I got my car started so that my wife could drive it home, but it took a few tries even for me, which is a new development. So, it looks like I will be ordering either a new switch ($11) a new switch/harness/keylock assembly ($70), and I will need to spend 10 minutes with a #2 Philips and a 10mm socket to determine which.

The trip from Athens to home is an hour and a half, including 45 minutes of Atlanta's most miserable stretch of road, the Gwinnett County section of routes 316 and I-85.(*) But it went by relatively quickly on the FJ.

Was a great time.

Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

rvnmaniac

Arrived home with 1 bald rear tire, which was had less than 800 miles on it prior to the rally, DAMN dirt and gravel roads. But still a smile on my face for all the dry fun i had riding. Come on FALL Rallly...
"GO RAVENS"