News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Trip for Storm

Started by ryanschoebel, March 26, 2019, 10:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanschoebel

Hey all, I'm not really sure if this counts for a trip report or not, but I have photos, so, here ya go!  :good2:

My brother and I picked up Tim's 84 FJ1100, now dubbed "Storm", on Sunday the 24th. We left Phoenix about 9 am (the earliest I could get a trailer rental), and drove to Torrance. GPS said about 5 and a half hours. Between gas stops, and WONDROUS LA traffic ( :dash2: ), it took us a little over 8 hours. We didn't arrive home until close to 2 AM the next morning. Tim was a pleasure to meet, and was able to give us great information about the bike, and most everything that he has had done to it. I am the 3rd owner of this bike, and its obvious that Tim really cared for it. The bike came with lots of goodies, both installed and not! The bike has Unipods, RPM fork brace, RPM Spin on oil filter, RPM's oil cooler, a Corbin seat, Rizoma mirrors, a Wilbers shock (swapped in today), and an extra set of Sport Demons! My brother got a super sweet Schuberth helmet, jacket and riding pants out of the deal. There is probably more, but I'm just not thinking of it. It has so many of the upgrades that I wanted to do, but never had the chance on Atlas. Now I can really focus on making the bike exactly what I want, because as Father Pat has oft told me, I got "a bike with better bones".

High up on the change out/upgrades list are : Different grips, (these large foam grips arent comfortable for me), a new exhaust, (has OEM, but I want a deeper sound, maybe RPM in time??), fixing the second gear issue, a set of drop bars, and anything else I come up with while riding for the next few months. I plan on selling most of the OE parts that Tim gave us, because I don't intend on swapping them back, and I'm sure several members can use them if they want a completely OEM bike.

Bar that, I don't know much of what to add. I hope to be able to ride Storm out to the rally this summer, but we will see how it all goes!
1985 FJ1100-- Atlas (SOLD)
1984 FJ1100-- Storm

ryanschoebel

1984 FJ1100-- Storm

Tuned forks

Ah yes, California traffic.

I really like that trailer Ryan.  What was the cost?

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

ryanschoebel

Quote from: Tuned forks on March 26, 2019, 11:20:20 PM
I really like that trailer Ryan.  What was the cost?

Joe

Only $35 for two days, after taxes! Very inexpensive!
1984 FJ1100-- Storm

fjbiker84

2 am! .... Glad you made it back in one piece.   :good2:

andyoutandabout

Another successful FJ adventure and that's without actually riding it anywhere. Think of how great those ones are going to be. Better start looking for another FJ for your brother. It's the right thing to do.
life without a bike is just life

Troyskie

Quote from: andyoutandabout on March 27, 2019, 11:58:47 PM
Better start looking for another FJ for your brother.

ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO...
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz