News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New from Tacoma Wa

Started by adam83, April 20, 2019, 03:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam83

Just purchased my 1st fj1200, an 86. I've owned 2 79 xs1100 's and wanted to step into something a little faster , but still reliable, newer but not quite a crotch rocket. This site has great info and looking to meet up with other local owners

Maicojoe

Welcome to the club! I just bought my first FJ also, a 1985 FJ1100 a couple weeks ago. I'm in the Redmond WA. area...... I plan on taking mine to the drag strip sometime in June, Pacific Raceways, see what she can do. If your interested, I can PM you an exact date and time, Tacoma is not far from the track, see what your FJ will do? You should post a few pictures of your bike......

Maicojoe

Troyskie

:hi: Adam,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mighty FJ.

There are quite a few XS owners who've added 'F & J' to their Yamaha alphabet.

I'm yet to find a problem that hasn't been solved here.

I've an 86 as well. Sweet machine.

As Maicojoe said, post a few pics please.

I'm sure you've probably already seen the basics on the site, but just in case you've missed them, with an 86, wire the petcock and replace the OEM rubber brake lines with braided. As and XS owner I assume you'll be fine with most everything else maintenance wise. There seem to be many similarities to the XS.

Troyskie
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

FJmonkey

Welcome Adam, the 86' is my first FJ. 
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side