News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Where did You ride today!

Started by Sparky84, April 12, 2019, 05:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky84

Well, it's rego time for my bike, so I rode to the mechanics for a pink slip..

1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

Millietant

Lovely to see an original 1100 out there being ridden Sparky, please keep up the good work  :good2:

Just one question - do you really need sat-nav on your bike to find you way to your mechanic ???  :biggrin:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Tuned forks

1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Sparky84

Quote from: Millietant on April 12, 2019, 06:18:03 AM
Lovely to see an original 1100 out there being ridden Sparky, please keep up the good work  :good2:

Just one question - do you really need sat-nav on your bike to find you way to your mechanic ???  :biggrin:

Of course you need the sat-nav  :nyam1: ,
No fun in going to the local mechanic to get a rego check, it's gotta be at least half a tank full away  :lol: ,
it's also got a better speed indicator than my wobbly speedo,  :crazy:
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

fj-f3a

You could have in invited me.
Then again, my bike is not due till August.  :biggrin:
Wings Level

Current
1990 FJ1200, Wet Pale Brown
J17xMT5.5 rear wheel from a 2001 Kawasaki Zx9r
Stainless exhausts
Electronic cruise control
Custom seat
Yamaha R6 Blue Spot Callipers
FJR1300 Master Cylinder
Stainless brake lines

FJ1200W

Rode to a local covered bridge (it's "new")
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

Flynt

Vintage MX and Trials event nearby today, so I thought I'd ride over and check it out.  Wizard had become hard to start...  fuel pump wouldn't come on reliably when I switched on key...  some some maintenance was required.  I checked battery end of main power wires and found some oxidation on the copper.  I took the wire brush to it and viola...  back in business.  Battery voltage was now getting to the pump and it was clicking away as it should.  Rode over and the event was OK, but it was too nice of a day and I decided to just ride.

I live in a very beautiful spot on the edge of lake Billy Chinook...  formed by a dam on Crooked, Deschutes, and Matoleus rivers.  Each of the rivers had carved a big canyon through the lava rim and the amazing geology underneath.  I need to make a video of the 20 minute "driveway" to my place going down and up the two canyons you can see in this picture (there are bridges...).  Can't quite see my house in this one, but it is directly across the canyons you see on the opposite side rim.  That's the Cascade range in the background including The Sisters, Broken Top, and Mt Bachelor.  I'm still trying to get settled, but increasingly getting out to discover this beautiful place on this beautiful bike.

Very happy Wizard (and Flynt)...

Happy cinco de Mayo...

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...