News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New Shock and Relay Mods

Started by RevDeal, July 08, 2020, 10:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevDeal

Well no need to go crazy in depth, but I set out to change the shock because it didnt feel good in the corners, almost a little sketch. While waiting for the Hagon shock from the UK I tore into the electrical to add a USB charger. Then I had to address previous owner's wiring.TLDR version
1. Hagon Shock upgrade $375 (shipped)
2. USB dual charger w/ digital volt display, cigarette lighter, and switch (amazon) $22
3.Terminal bus for positive wires, 4 new relays, new colored wires and heat shrink $50
4. Headlight relay mod, horn relay mod, and coil relay mod, and usb charging bank install (time, lots of time)
5. Repainted inner fairing black

1992 FJ1200A (ABS Delete) 
1980 CB750k (gone to a new home)

red

Quote from: RevDeal on July 08, 2020, 10:15:13 AMWell no need to go crazy in depth, but I set out to change the shock . . .  I tore into the electrical to add a USB charger. Then I had to address previous owner's wiring.TLDR version
2. USB dual charger w/ digital volt display, cigarette lighter, and switch (amazon) $22
RevDeal,

Got a link for that USB gadget?    :unknown:   
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

RevDeal

1992 FJ1200A (ABS Delete) 
1980 CB750k (gone to a new home)