News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2020 West Coast Rally Starter Thread

Started by ZOA NOM, June 09, 2019, 02:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZOA NOM

So I've received two calls from Coloma regarding the email I sent them, so I'd like to get a quick read on whether we want to revisit them, or keep looking into other options. If we are OK with Coloma, I'll get in touch with them and see about available space for, say, 20 bikes/people, give or take? I recall several of us were in the bunkhouses, with a few in cabins or camping spaces/rv's.

I should have an idea about numbers for the following:

Bunkhouse
Cabin
RV spot
Tent spot

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Flynt

Quote from: ZOA NOM on November 27, 2019, 03:59:26 PM
So I've received two calls from Coloma regarding the email I sent them, so I'd like to get a quick read on whether we want to revisit them, or keep looking into other options. If we are OK with Coloma, I'll get in touch with them and see about available space for, say, 20 bikes/people, give or take? I recall several of us were in the bunkhouses, with a few in cabins or camping spaces/rv's.

I should have an idea about numbers for the following:

Bunkhouse
Cabin
RV spot
Tent spot

We're bringing the camper and trailering the bikes this year...  count me in for a 30A RV spot.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

T Legg

One option is bucks lake outside of Quincy .I spoke with bucks lake lodge they are not booked.They have cabins and rooms in a motel .There are also other places at the lake and camping that I haven't talked to that may be available.It is higher in altitude and may be cooler but the roads opened up in March last year.                                                               

I would take a room in Coloma if we go there.
T Legg

FJmonkey

I will share a cabin if anyone is looking to keep the cost down, regardless of venue. I missed the Coloma rally, but it looked like a good place and the reports I have heard have been positive. I would need to order more material for a fire starter. 
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

andyoutandabout

life without a bike is just life

T Legg

June is coming fast. Any progress on the Coloma site?I think Buck Lake is still available if Coloma isnt.Or of course Andy's house.
T Legg

ZOA NOM

Coloma is booked at this point. Follow-up was poor, and I apologize for that. I'm willing to help with other venues.
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

T Legg

I will call the resort at Bucks Lake.They said it should be available if we reserved by February. If anyone is intetested in high altitude riding in Plumas county. Bucks lake is about 5300 ft I think not too high up.Low population and lots of roads. Let me know what you think.
T Legg

yamaha fj rider

Hello all.

I have been watching this and it seems like finding a place for the WCR is tough this year. I did some checking and found out that Willit's KOA has cabins available, May 28-31, all of them. I don't know how this area looks after the fires but, it has always been a good location in the past as i recall. The last time we were there 2016 as I recall. Hope this helps. I thank everyone else who has worked on this. I think we need to make a decision ASAP.

Best wishes everyone.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

T Legg

I have spoken to the people at Bucks Lake lodge and they said they have a seventeen room hotel and cabins that are available and they would love to have our group.She did warn that in some extreme snow years they have had some snow left in the area in early May but generally it is nice spring weather by then.So far this year appears to be an average winter. There is currently about two feet of snow there.The Tahoe area passes which are three thousand feet higher than Bucks ,Lake are always clear by mid May.She said we could decide as late as March when they will have a good idea how the weather will be. Anyway Bucks Lake is an available option.
T Legg

Flynt

I've now had a couple of inquiries on 2020 WCR, when we're going to have a poll, when we're going to decide on venue, etc...  I just want to make it clear that I'm not organizing (and likely won't make due to a conflict) the 2020 WCR.  No reflection on the process last year...  it went very smoothly thanks to all that attended.  Somebody needs to step into the ownership role on this and follow through on commitments...

Best regards,

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

RPM - Robert