News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Dave From Carson City

Started by CCDave, June 18, 2019, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCDave

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I ride a completely stock 1990 FJ 1200 with 32000 miles. I have had it for about 15 months. It only had 24000 miles on it when I got it and was owned by a lady that said she never had it above 100mph. It had been sitting for a few years. I think maybe 6 or so since the date code on the tires was 2009. After a thorough cleaning of the carbs and new tires, it was on the road. I love my FJ and try to ride year round (except when it is above 95F and below 38F). I know there are a few of us in this part of the country (Carson City/Reno) with these great bikes so hit me up for rides.

FJmonkey

Welcome Dave, good place for nearly year round riding weather.  Maybe we will see at the fall rally in October.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

T Legg

Hello Dave glad to see more northern Nevadans.I'm always up for a ride.My son and I plan to ride down to the RPM rally this fall and your welcome to join us.I think another member heading to the fall rally may be coming through Reno also.The head mechanic at a local dealership has wanted to take a ride on one of my fj's,so we are planning a ride through the foothills and around Tahoe up to Fallen leaf lake and above then back down through Emerald bay to Tahoe City and down 89 to Truckee then if it's still early enough to Portla and home.M y son is coming along your welcome to or anybody else for that matter I have plenty of room for any body who wanted to camp out.We are planning the ride for the week after labor day,maybe even the next Friday  to avoid tourists.
T Legg

Sparky84

G'day and Welcome Dave from Carson City.

Sounds like you have excellent riding weather where you are, similar temps here but in ℃.

Cheers
Alan
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2