Started by dlearyous, June 25, 2019, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuned forks

1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

ryanschoebel

Quote from: dlearyous on July 06, 2019, 04:26:16 AM
alas... it was a fun run.   :flag_of_truce:

A fun run? What are you going to do to try and get it back?
1985 FJ1100-- Atlas (SOLD)
1984 FJ1100-- Storm

red

Quote from: dlearyous on July 06, 2019, 04:26:16 AMthe very same night that a friend of mine and I decided our route for the Norway road trip we've been talking about, someone stole my FJ...  alas... it was a fun run.

Hang tough, for a while.  The police may not get ambitious, but they may get lucky.  Check back with them several times.  Let them know, they are in pursuit of a classic motorcycle, not just an old bike.  You can show this website to them, as proof that you bike was valuable among bikers.

Chances are good that the thieves won't keep it very long.  Check the classified ads for your bike, or any parts of it.  Best wishes.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

dlearyous

And she's back.  Well, kind of. 

I just got a call from the police saying that they found my bike today and that it's been trashed.... they have custody of it now and when I asked the cop if it was 'good or bad' he paused, sighed and said, 'bad, yeah, pretty bad'.  They'll be calling me within the next day to let me know what happens next and I'm going to try and at least go see it and get some more info about what happened. 

Mechanically, she ran like a dream.... If it's just the cosmetics.... That can all be fixed....

ryanschoebel

That's a damn shame! Sorry to hear about it man, keep us updated!
1985 FJ1100-- Atlas (SOLD)
1984 FJ1100-- Storm