News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Took a ride through the high sierra

Started by T Legg, July 20, 2019, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Legg

I took a ride up through Tahoe and the down hwy 89 torwards Sierraville and then over to Portola back down 70 to 395 and back to Reno.After 180 civilized miles I ended up four cars behind a Repsol cbr1000rr on two lane highway seventy.The road opened up to a miles long flat road with little opposing traffic.The CBR rolled out and made his pass I followed behind him.After passing three groups of cars there was no one left in front of us so the CBR took off and I took off after him(keeping a respectful distance).We kept accelerating,I hit 144 mph on the speedometer before cars appeared ahead(my bike didn't have much acceleration left at that point to go much faster I would have had to cut my saddle bags loose).We slowed down to normal speeds and he finally looked in his mirror .The shock on his face when the saw me behind him was priceless.
T Legg

Tuned forks

Ian would have caught him on his Kawi.  :biggrin:
Seems that riders on modern bikes think that we ride 10hp lawn tractors or something.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Old Rider

Haha mayby that was the same cbr1000 rr i had a little race with back in 2018 here is a quote of that post

.Had a similar experience last sunday when i was on a little trip on my way home i first heard and then saw a bike right up my reartire i was going trugh many roundabouts and as he was a little to close to my reartire trying to pass me in the roundabouts.I got a little irritated and i got over in sporty driving mode, he still followed and then when we entered the ongoing ramp for the freeway it is a very long slack lefthand turn i first let him pass and he rolled on the throttle so much he dared without loosing grip i saw it was a Honda cbr100rr in repsol color as he passed me.I then got carried away and thinking what the heck i don't want to be humiliated by this guy so i rolled on throttle much as i could without losing the rear thru the long turn when the road straightens he had about 10 meters on me i got into beastmode and ozed on what i could first got into kookalaozone then over in blurred tunnelvision mode (i completely forgot my engine maybe not safe with bad noises) i cold See him slowly drifting away but not much going like this for about one kilometers i was going to take off the freeway to the right he did also
take off then i was about 30 meters behind him i braked late into the takeoff turn.Going thru the corners right after we had left the freeway i was right behind him he turn his head to look back first once then  twice   :yahoo:  i bet he was surprised seeing me again  :sarcastic:
usually i try to not get carried away and driving like idiot but wow that was fun and showed that the god old FJ still got it.  :good: