News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Greetings from Sin City

Started by Moaimark, July 22, 2019, 10:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moaimark

Hello,
I'm new here, been lurking for a couple of days and thought it proper to introduce myself. I live in Las Vegas and just recently bought my first FJ1200. Its a 1991 with just under 31,000 miles. It's going to need a bit of work before she is road worthy again but I'm up for the task. She's in pretty good condition cosmetically but will need new tires, carb kits and a battery to get her back on the road.
A bit about me, I work in the bar and restaurant industry here in Vegas but spent 4 years working for Easyrider's back in the early 2000's and have owned just about every kind of motorcycle. I look forward to learning even more through this forum!

Cheers,
Mark
1991 FJ1200

FJmonkey

Welcome Mark, thanks for the introduction. You have plenty of time to make the fall rally on Oct and meet some of the motley crew that reside around our digital campfire.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Tuned forks

Quote from: FJmonkey on July 22, 2019, 11:02:12 PM
Welcome Mark, thanks for the introduction. You have plenty of time to make the fall rally on Oct and meet some of the motley crew that reside around our digital campfire.

My thoughts exactly Monkey.  He could caravan with Ryan. 
Moaimark, RPM will be your best friend when it comes to parts and service for that bike.  Attending the Fall Rally will let you meet the family and see the shop where all the magic happens, plus Randy puts on a helluva event.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket