News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

AFT Springfield Mile double header

Started by roortcloud, August 14, 2019, 01:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roortcloud

Well gentleman,
It's disappointing there's so little interest in motorcycle racing among this group. There are some exceptions (you know who you are / Andy ?)
The Sacramento Mile once again was a historic event with 2 motorcycle manufactures winning for the first time. KTM & Harley Davidson XG750R. Shayna Texter on her KTM thrilled the crowd!!!
Swapping the lead at times then falling (pushed) to 5th on the last lap. Then using the draft out of the final turn powered thru for the win! 
The MotoAmerica racing at Sears Point didn't provide the same thrilling last lap excitement but shook up the championship with unexpected results. Read all about it in Cycle News!
That being said I haven't given up on you guys completely. Perhaps there're some fans around Springfield Illinois that plan on attending what is historically the fastest mile dirt track in the nation. 
I look forward to your comments on the state of motorcycle racing on the USA.

rlucas

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but here in central Illinois there's still quite a bit of interest in mile- and half-mile, as well as short track, hare scrambles, etc. I will say, however, that much of the interest seems to be at the local and regional levels. I have several friends who still actively participate in the 50+ classes, and the Springfield Mile and the Henry Half-Mile still attract crowds. I blame lack of Red Bull sponsorship... :morning1:

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

Motofun

Some of us still put on a cow suit and go out on the track instead of watching.  OK, I still watch too but mostly to see what I'm doing wrong.  :biggrin:
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1