News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Yahoo group content being deleted and shutting down

Started by racerrad8, November 06, 2019, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

I received word this week from Gary Foreman who was the host of the Yahoo group. He said due to changes to the format, Yahoo is deleting all files and content effective Dec 14th and he is closing it down.

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow content to be uploaded to the Yahoo Groups site. Don't worry, though, Yahoo Groups is not going away and new groups can still be created.

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. Anything you want to keep will need to be downloaded by that date.

If there is anything anyone has over there they want to save, they need to download it before its gone.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

ally

hey randy

do you have a link to the group, I might be able to mirror it

:)

racerrad8

Randy - RPM

ally

the archive.org is due to do a large yahoo groups grab, I have asked for the FJ group to be included

I had hoped to be able to do this myself for upload to the archive but the software I was going to use has been broken by the new 'neo' update

fingers crossed

I have started to manually download files and photos, these have to be downloaded manually, I have retrieved the files, photos tomorrow, sadly the message board needs manual downloading and parsing, too large a job for me

I will upload what I manage to grab and hope that a full mirror happens in the near future

:)