News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Cap'n-Ron and Alan-Steve's EPIC 2018 "Let's Get Awesome" Tour! VIDEO PART-1

Started by Firehawk068, November 30, 2019, 02:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawk068

Here is the final installment!

https://youtu.be/ufXjfmX34bA

It was fun making these.............All those memories!  :drinks:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Bones

I've watched all three videos Alan and have gotta say you Americans have some very spectacular scenery over there. Actually got to meet Cap'n Ron briefly between his travels at a shed day when he was over here in OZ recently, I'm sure he'd make a great travelling companion. Videos were well put together and liked how the toys where included in the footage. Was very surprised to see Bundaberg ginger beer for sale over there, good to see we still export something.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

Motofun

'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

Firehawk068

I can sometimes find Bundaberg Ginger beer here in Colorado. We are not allowed to get the Rum however?  :sorry:

Cap'n Ron is an awesome travel-companion  :good:
His experience on the subject if far superior to mine...............After his deer-encounter, I strongly considered ending the trip right then, and heading home.
Ron being the supportive person that he is, was literally begging me to continue on without him. :empathy3:
I had plenty of time to think about it that evening........After getting him to a Hotel in Billings, I rode 130-miles round-trip back to the crash site to retrieve some of his gear, and my gear that I left behind.
During this time, I had a very heart-felt conversation with my Wife back home, and my two boys...........Their support, along with Ron's filled me with the strength I needed to continue the trip.
Looking back on all these memories............it certainly was the right call!  :good2:

I feel extremely fortunate that I get to experience all the great scenery that we have here in the States...........Our great highway system makes a lot of it easily accessible to most people.
Being on a motorcycle?...............well, I don't have to tell any of you how much better that makes the experience.  :i_am_so_happy:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the pictures
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

ribbert

Man, that was great, thanks Alan.

I have just watched the last instalment, the smile on your face says it all, you get it!!

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Capn' Ron, but by everyone's account he is a great bloke and a true motorcyclist. I'm not surprised you found him to be a great travelling companion.

Thanks again for posting, I am unable to ride at the moment and it was just the tonic I needed.

With a decent break between the ride and putting the video together, it must have been a lot of fun editing it and reliving it in the process. You sure have great country in your neck of the woods.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Firehawk068

Quote from: ribbert on December 14, 2019, 06:36:39 AM
Man, that was great, thanks Alan.

I have just watched the last instalment, the smile on your face says it all, you get it!!

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Capn' Ron, but by everyone's account he is a great bloke and a true motorcyclist. I'm not surprised you found him to be a great travelling companion.

Thanks again for posting, I am unable to ride at the moment and it was just the tonic I needed.

With a decent break between the ride and putting the video together, it must have been a lot of fun editing it and reliving it in the process. You sure have great country in your neck of the woods.

Noel

Glad you enjoyed it Noel,
Hopefully whatever the reason for you not being able to ride, gets sorted out.
Yes it was a lot of fun editing all those memories, with the exception of having to re-edit "Part-3" a second time once I uploaded it...................One of the songs I chose in the original edit has a copyright "Block" on it. I had to remove it, re-edit the video with a different song in its place, then re-upload it.................I suppose it's only fair, as I use the songs for free.
I enjoy the process and will be creating more videos from past trips..............You guys will get to see them for sure  :drinks:

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Mike 86 in San Dimas

I watched #1 many months ago. Wanted get back to it with Tina. Finally did today. We enjoyed it very much. I'm jealous. Greta trip great job sharing.
Mike