News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

***CANCELLED**** 2020 West Coast Rally, Bucks Lake, Ca - May 28-31

Started by racerrad8, February 07, 2020, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyoutandabout

Steve, they all look like they have the right amount of wiggle
life without a bike is just life

moparman70

TLegg -- the cabin 8 person you mentioned -- is the double bed in a separate room or is this all in one big room _-- I am a heavy snoring person --re I sleep like a log so the more isolation the better.    Let me know if you do know the layout of the place.

PAT -- or Mike/Mark --- if you guys do want or elect to shift to a cabin -- check with me first before giving up the room -- I will gladly pay for the cabin if more expensive -- whatever works -- I did initially want to stay at the timberline for multiple reasons one being there is more there for Kris when I am out riding.   

I also plan on bringing the waverunner and going up early to do Oroville Lake a few days and maybe some more lakes along the way so we may also just elect to stay in Oroville for part of the time prior to the Rally.

moparman70

Quote from: andyoutandabout on March 15, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
Steve, they all look like they have the right amount of wiggle

for the previous maps I did I just realized you can't click and make them larger to view --- you have to right click and then go to " open image under a new tab  "  then go to that tab  --  and then you can see the route better

moparman70

Quote from: moparman70 on March 16, 2020, 06:07:50 PM
TLegg -- the cabin 8 person you mentioned -- is the double bed in a separate room or is this all in one big room _-- I am a heavy snoring person --re I sleep like a log so the more isolation the better.    Let me know if you do know the layout of the place.

PAT -- or Mike/Mark --- if you guys do want or elect to shift to a cabin -- check with me first before giving up the room -- I will gladly pay for the cabin if more expensive -- whatever works -- I did initially want to stay at the timberline for multiple reasons one being there is more there for Kris when I am out riding.   

I also plan on bringing the waverunner and going up early to do Oroville Lake a few days and maybe some more lakes along the way so we may also just elect to stay in Oroville for part of the time prior to the Rally.

UPDATE  --- I have booked a room close to the Lake at Haskins B&B.   so you all can ignore the above.    I will still be there for the fires and general hangout.   No further action needed.   TLEGG thanks for the offer -- much appreciated.

T Legg

It's crazy since Ian and I took our ride up to Buck's Lake they have received 65" of snow and maybe another foot to come in the next three days. There are warm sixty degree days following this next storm. I'm pretty sure the snow will melt in time I'm not so sure the quarantine will end. I left Rebecca a message that if is legal I will be there.
T Legg

FJORD

Hi All,

I am planning towards and have every intention of attending the rally, and will of course place a deposit if/when useful.
My two options are to either drive in with my truck camper towing the FJ and sleep in the camper, or rent a room/cabin. I gladly pay extra for any of those options.
We are two months away so anything can happen, but I am really looking forward to see everybody again and do some riding.

FJORD,

T Legg

Quote from: FJORD on March 24, 2020, 02:24:33 PM
Hi All,

I am planning towards and have every intention of attending the rally, and will of course place a deposit if/when useful.
My two options are to either drive in with my truck camper towing the FJ and sleep in the camper, or rent a room/cabin. I gladly pay extra for any of those options.
We are two months away so anything can happen, but I am really looking forward to see everybody again and do some riding.

FJORD,

If you can't find a room there will be room in the eight person cabin. Right now there will be Me and Ian. Rick and his wife are welcome to a bedroom with double bed and if Andy needs a place he can fit in also.

T Legg

racerrad8

Well, something good might have come out of this ongoing mess.

The out of town training that was preventing me from attending has been scheduled.

But, I am concerned after catching up on the thread. Am I wrong that there are no more rooms available at Bucks Lake?

While I appreciate that Travis might have room, my wife will not be comfortable with it.

I see Steve found a place away at Haskins. How far is that from everyone else?

I'll start doing some research today, but on that note are we sure it is still happening?

Is Buck's Lake going to allow us to be there if the state is still under lockdown or some sort of modified/restricted congregation rules.

I don't want to waste my time of it is not happening in 2020. Maybe its time for a new date...

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

T Legg

Rebecca from Bucks lake lodge called me a week ago. Right now they are only allowed to rent to essential workers. At the time she called a group of workers wanted to rent the Timberline rooms and she said she would have to do it to keep her business afloat. I called her two days ago and she said that deal fell through and she has no bookings .I think that includes the group that was going to rent all the rooms in the Timberline that she moved us to the cabins for. I think once again the whole facility is available. I told her I was going to check with the group to see how many still want to come and if we are willing to do a later date if the quarantine is still on. I think I can get the first right of refusal if we are all still interested. I am.
T Legg

racerrad8

So, we are at the mercy of the restrictions with no end in sight.

Are you planning a drop dead date of calling it, like May 1st?

I'm going to hold off at the moment until we have a clearer direction.

Thanks, Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

T Legg

I think May 1st is a practical cut off date. At that time we could decide when and if we want to reschedule it to a later date. I will Call Rebecca tommarrow and see if she can still get it ready by May 28th and if she would take a tentative booking for a later date if we have to. If the quarantine isn't lifted by then I will do a day trip there from Reno with a picnic lunch. I'll bring disposable gloves so I don't have to contaminate someone's gas pump.                                       

We should make a new list.       
   I would still attend on May 28 th

Travis Legg
    Ian   Legg

I would attend at a later date if necessary

Travis Legg
     Ian Legg
T Legg

FJORD

Travis Legg
   Ian   Legg
   FJORD

Travis Legg
    Ian Legg
    FJORD

andyoutandabout

life without a bike is just life

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Quote from: FJORD on April 17, 2020, 11:38:02 AM

Travis Legg
   Ian   Legg
   FJORD
    Mike Anchondo

Travis Legg
    Ian Legg
    FJORD

This is rough. Just because I want to have the option to make new plans. I'm likely to cancel my reservation May 1. Sounds like they already cancelled me? I cant commit to another date (maybe place) until I know what that is. I definitely hope to go. I think calling it off May 1 is a bummer but probably logical. Then work on something the other side of this... Fall Rally

racerrad8

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on April 17, 2020, 08:05:20 PM
Then work on something the other side of this... Fall Rally

Already planned: http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=19129.0

Might search some other options due to all this mess. If not, we are still good to host from the shop if not.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM