News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Down for maintenance.

Started by Ted Schefelbein, April 02, 2020, 11:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlucas

Quote from: Pat Conlon on May 07, 2020, 04:59:24 PM
That's a unique beautiful FJ!  :good:

Gotta admit, I had my doubts about that paint scheme at first, but it grows on ya. Looks damned good!!

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

FJ_Hooligan

Quote from: Ted Schefelbein on May 07, 2020, 06:20:37 PM
I actually emailed and then called Gary Solera, of Houston, TX, ...

I remember Gary.  He is/was a chiropractor, we called him Doc.  He showed up at a rally in Fontana with a friend on a GTS1000.  Lost touch with him years ago. 

Good to hear he's still with us and doing well.
DavidR.

Ted Schefelbein

If you want to chat with him, pm me. I've got his info, and, judging from my experience he'd love to hear from you.

Ted
I am an analog man, trapped in a digital parallel reality.

1989 FJ 1200

Fj 1200 wOW

Quote from: Ted Schefelbein on April 04, 2020, 11:03:05 PM
Busy night:

Built my anode, silver soldered a 10 gauge wire lead into my cold rolled anode, and glued split hose on each end with some RTV to keep it off the metal. Got the petcock and fuel sender out and built a cover plate for the sender hole. I'll replace the petcock with new, but, the sender seems to be unavailable. Would be nice to replace it, but, it does work.
Where do you get a new gasket for the fuel sender?
Thanks.

Ted
If you do not find any gasket for the sender- you might fix one by plastick from one emthy plastic box?

I did so to the petcock, and it worked just like a charm  :empathy3: Tap it out  by a sharp knife and you have it.  :good:

Fj1200 woW

Ted Schefelbein

RPM came through with everything I needed. Bike is up and running, and, if it ever gets out of the 40s for temperature, here, I'll ride it some more.

Have about 50 miles on the old girl, now. It has just been too damn cold to ride.

Thanks.

Ted

1989 FJ 1200

Fj 1200 wOW

Quote from: Ted Schefelbein on May 11, 2020, 02:43:00 PM
RPM came through with everything I needed. Bike is up and running, and, if it ever gets out of the 40s for temperature, here, I'll ride it some more.

Have about 50 miles on the old girl, now. It has just been too damn cold to ride.

Thanks.

Ted

RPM, sure you got it right on spot.  :hi:

Cheriooo!

Bjørgulf

https://bmonline.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1866

JPaganel

Quote from: Ted Schefelbein on May 11, 2020, 02:43:00 PM

Thanks.

Ted

Get warmer clothes. :D
1993 FJ1200 ABS

1984 FJ600, up on blocks

1986 FJ1200, flaming wreck, repaired and sold
1986 FJ1200, repaired, ridden, sold

I don't want a pickle
I just want to ride my motorcicle

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Ted Schefelbein

I've had my cold weather exploits. I can tell you that a 750 GSXR is a lot more interesting to ride at 20 degrees then it is at 85 degrees, but, you won't be able to do it as long, regardless of how you are dressed or how much voltage you run through your clothes. I have just one outfit at the moment, and it is not an exceptionally warm one.
It will climb out of the 40s soon enough. I also had my first incident of law enforcement pulling me over and asking me where my bike plate was, where I was going, and telling me I was in violation of the governors lock down order. The stop was going badly until he asked if I had a carry permit (yes, sir) was I carrying (yes, sir) at which point he smiled, handed back my license, and told me to have a safe ride. The d-bags that people elect to run this state could barely supply plates and registration stickers before the pandemic hit, if the plate gets here before December, I will be surprised.
So, I did have a safe ride when it was all over. A safe, cold, ride.

Ted

1989 FJ 1200

Ted Schefelbein

I snuck out with the bike after work, objective was a tank of non oxy fuel and a little sprint around town before  dinner. I put $9.50 in the tank (fuel light came on when it was on the side stand, warming up) and on the way home had a guy with a mint, and I do mean mint, early 1980s Honda 900F, the bike that introduced me to street bikes, pull up to me at the stoplight. Dude said he had two, the red one I saw and a blue one, my copy was black with orange decals. He thought my bike was an Interceptor, but, I straightened him out, the light turned green, and I then waved goodbye. It was sunny and about 56 degrees.

I took it as a great omen for the coming year.

Got home in time for a great home cooked meal of rice and beans with sliced avocados, and a beer.

Great day.

Ted

1989 FJ 1200