News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FJ1200XW - Fitting Emulators

Started by Arborist, May 08, 2020, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arborist

Good morning/evening all FJ'ers,

I have finally got around to fitting my emulators on my 93 XW, just wanted to confirm a couple of things:

1) I recieved a couple of replacement springs with the emulators and 2 sections of drilled tube, as you can see from the photo the replacement spring and tube are significantly shorter than the stock spring, is this shorter spring for an earlier model od do I just need to find some longer spacer tubes?

2) Can someone please confirm that for the XW model all I need to do is drill additional holes in the damper rod and thats all?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers and stay safe and well.

Tim

FJ_Hooligan

From what I remember about the Race Tech instructions, you need to drill 2 more holes in your damper rod.

My rule for spacer length is 15 mm of preload on middle preload setting.  That way you can go harder or softer
DavidR.

FJ_Hooligan

By the way, PVC pipe works well as a spring spacer
DavidR.

RPM - Robert

Better download the instructions to make sure, I would hate to hear there was some sort if issue due to improper installment.

Arborist

Hi Robert, no worries, pretty sure that I have this now, drill 3 holes and fit longer spacer tubes, cool bananas! Cheers, Tim

Arborist

Hi David, thanks for the help, appreciate it. Tim