News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Slave cylinder pushrod seal...

Started by twangin4u, May 31, 2020, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twangin4u

I learned something today.... you don't want your slave cylinder pushrod seal to blow out while you're going 100mph. She dumped ag gallon of oil out in about 7seconds. The back end got a little squirrelly.  Pucker factor about...12

twangin4u

Yea it was kind of a stress full day.  Was having some issues with fuel and intake.  All intake manifold o rings were flat and broken.  Some pin holes in the diaphrams.  2 of my main jets were 120 and 2 were 122.5, which I thought was strange.  Anyway, took care of all those issues and bike pulls strong again.  Strong enough that when I pulled 8k she blew the seal for the clutch push rod.  I didn't notice till the ass end of my bike went sideways then back straight at about 90+. I looked down at my left foot and saw a stream of oil shooting out and thought I better ease off..  :biggrin:
I was only about 2.5 miles from home so I beat the seal back in and filled it with oil (on the side of the road) and putted back home.  Then.. yep.  She blew out again.. 3 more qrts. back in the ground where she came from.  So I said fuck it and called the buddy with the motorcycle trailer and brought her in.  Walked straight in the house and started pounding shots.  Don't know why I thought I'd share this with ya but... I been drinkin so make sure you inspect yer seals when you do your 90 day pm,s everybody

fj1289

That's the first I've heard of that one! 

FJ1200W

Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA