News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Not So Aimless Wanderings

Started by Mike Ramos, August 04, 2020, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones

Glad your ok Mike, you should buy a lottery ticket. I read a story a couple of years ago about an Australian journalist who hit a Kangaroo while riding a Victory cruiser doing about 180kmh, roughly the speed you were doing, and like you didn't fall off. He hit it dead centre and the roo wrapped itself around the front end and just covered him in blood guts and shit, it's tail whacked him on a leg which left it black from the bruising. Surprisingly there looked to be minimal damage done to the bike and a lot of people didn't believe it happened and he stayed upright until they saw the pics of the aftermath, it was pretty gruesome.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

X-Ray

Incredible Mike, glad you are relatively ok. There really is a lot of weight of a small to medium sized animal when you meet at speed. I just watched last night a video where a small deer jumped into the space between a car and the caravan it was towing, it caved in the front wall of the caravan, and it then jumped out of wreckage and bounded off.  :shok:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

ribbert

Mike, I tried to imagine how one might react to the sight of a sizeable beast appearing dead ahead a nano second before T-boning it at 115mph and it occurred to me, is the excrement on the back of the bike from the Antelope?  :biggrin:

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

giantkiller

The  2 deer I  killed with my body turned me dark purple. But I didn't break anything. Just hurt alot.  Didn't go down either time. I  think that's the key. At 115 though lucky he was  low. And only smashed your hand. If he had  been a few inches higher. I think both of your furs would have merged. Heal up and get back on  soon.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Mike Ramos

Quote from: ribbert on August 07, 2020, 05:27:09 AM
Mike, I tried to imagine how one might react to the sight of a sizeable beast appearing dead ahead a nano second before T-boning it at 115mph and it occurred to me, is the excrement on the back of the bike from the Antelope?  :biggrin:

Noel

Hmmm...

Well Noel, realizing if I had fallen down & (and the attendent severe consequences) all bets would be off, I have no objection to such a comment.

S
However, setting aside the give and take of humorous banter on this Forum, you are barking up the wrong tree...

I approach riding motorcycles in a workmanlike, perhaps even in a professional & certainly very methodical manner.  If not for the hand injury, it would have been a (almost) non-event.

In fact as I was limping back to a fuel stop, I was chuckling to myself recalling an old poster where a mouse is giving the finger to a large bird as the bird is wrapping its' talons around the mouse's neck.

The antelope not only "flipped me off" as it checked out of this world, it most certainly gave me something to remember...!!!

Alright, all in good humor,

Mike

Mike Ramos

Quote from: Pat Conlon on August 06, 2020, 02:48:15 PM
Fucking Ramos killed Bambi

Uh oh!

Mr. Conlon please understand it was not intentional....!!!!

I ain't got nutten against any wild life what-so-ever.

Like the MonkeyMark says, I was just taking a rest along the way....

Oh well......

Troyskie

Quote from: andyoutandabout on August 06, 2020, 01:19:21 AM
Dudes, ..... and he remained upright. Just look at those forks.....
Physics is a complicated and often mysterious science. I vote Monkey Mark for official accident scene investigator. He's analysis and reasoned rationale carefully documents the facts and exposes those careless four legged road users.
Mike, if you haven't got a tattoo, now is the time.
Goes without saying that like the rest of the forum, I send healing vibes across the airways.
Turning to the positive. What a golden opportunity to forget about those new fangled 90s bikes and search yourself a lovely 86 model.
Finally, for your entertainment:
I leave you with Eddie 'tentpole' Tudor and the great rock and roll swindle:

https://youtu.be/PHOA_XtENW8

Andy

HA, this was my exact thought when I first read Mikes post (after realising he is mostly ok)
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Troyskie

Mike, great to hear you are ok, clearly in good spirits, and have the verve to move on with the bike. Great stuff brother!

What needs two big round rubbers and f*$@s a deer to death sideways? An FJ with Bridgestone Battleaxes at 115mph (just cruisin  :sarcastic:)
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

wainot-Phil

Quote from: ribbert on August 07, 2020, 05:27:09 AM

Noel   
Love your work Noe :rofl: :rofl:l
""Past Bikes""
Suzuki Stinger 125        
Honda 350/4
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GS1000
Kawasaki GPZ900R
Yamaha FJ1100 84
Yamaha FJ1100 85
1991 FJ1200
1990 FJ1200  Pinky
2006 FJR1300
1980 GS850
Z500 /4
XJR1300
"""Present Bikes""": 
  1985 FJ1100
FJ1200  94
GSX1400

Capn Ron

Yikes, Mike!!!  I just checked into the forum in a while and THIS is what I'm greeted with?  Hard to hear that you've joined the club that no one really wants to be in.  SO glad your mind, body and sense of humor are still intact my friend...  I too, am looking for late model fork tubes from my deer strike afternoon...given that, I see Noel has the offer of advice covered...all I'm able to offer is well-wishing and any snarky comments you may require.

:lol:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

Mark Olson

Hey Mike ,
I was just thinking about deer strikes the other day as I had a big pucker moment when two deer leapfrogged my bike.
I got to thinking about all the FJ riders who make epic journeys traveling great distances day and night.
I am pleased to hear you survived the encounter with that suicidal antelope that attacked you .
I hope to see you at the RPM fall rally where you can have a drink and expound upon the antelope Odyssey.
Gonna keep my eyes peeled for another FJ for you.
Take care my friend.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Mike, Just becoming  aware of what happened. Just glad your ok.