News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Have to restrict my bike

Started by Old Rider, August 08, 2020, 01:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Rider

I found the noise from my exhaust so irritating and bike going too fast so  today i made some restrictors ! What do you think? I also made another thing from the same material if you can guess what you are good

fj1289

OK, the noise part I understand - each person has what they think their bike should sound like and what they can tolerate. 

But the too fast part - that's just throttle control!

Old Rider

Ha ha i just joked about the noise i love the sound and performance of the bike the stuff i put in the exhaust is just leftovers from stearingrack rubber gaiters that i used to make
fork gaiters  :pardon:
well from jokes to revolvers.... i got inspired by a youtube video on how to fit fork gaiters without taking the forks off .I did it by splitting some steeringrack gaiters that i found
cheep in a local store and glued the split with gorilla glue for rubber.I protected the innertube with bakingpaper when gluing .It seems very solid so far .
I have fixed stoneships in forktubes with wetsanding with superfine 2000-3000 grit paper on other bikes i had ,but don't want to do that again so i decided to fit gaiters.
here is i pic how it looks i think maybe i have to make a little hole in them because they seems to enclosed holding the air in like I'm getting a air suspension =)

fj1289

Millietant

What does that antenna do that you've put on your fairing beside the left mirror - is it needed to get a sat-nav signal when up there in the frozen north ??
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Old Rider

Quote from: Millietant on August 09, 2020, 01:49:49 AM
What does that antenna do that you've put on your fairing beside the left mirror - is it needed to get a sat-nav signal when up there in the frozen north ??

Well today it was not cold it was almost 30 degree Celsius and i almost fainted while working on those fork gaiters  :shok:
The antenna is named Tryvannstårnet it is 116 meters high and was TV and radio tower .It is the highest point here in Oslo and there are some ski slopes  around it and holmenkollen ski
arena and jumptower is a little longer down the road .When TV and radiosignals converted to digital in 2017 it was not used any more.
A guy is now planning to build a restaurant and maybe a zipline  :wacko2: or bungi jump from it .Holmenkollen jumptower already has a zipline.

Old Rider

Quote from: fj1289 on August 08, 2020, 04:40:19 PM
hook, line, and sinker!

Sorry too hook you up  i should have posted in the jokes/humor secton  :greeting:

Millietant

And you carry it around on your fairing ???????? That's dedication for you  :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Old Rider

Quote from: Millietant on August 09, 2020, 04:23:26 PM
And you carry it around on your fairing ???????? That's dedication for you  :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Dean your antenna joke is even worse than my stuffed exhaust pipes joke  :lol:  but yes after fitting those fork gaiters the bike can carry the tower without the forks
compressing 1millimeter thats what i call a proper antidive system  :i_am_so_happy: