News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

hello from MT

Started by warren_piece, May 10, 2010, 12:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren_piece

hello from MT.  owned my beloved FJ fer bout 8 years.  had some fun trips...had some rainy trips.  but then again, havent we all? (and if you havent had any rainy trips, just make me feel good and say you have).

Marsh White

Quote from: warren_piece on May 10, 2010, 12:04:55 AM
hello from MT.  owned my beloved FJ fer bout 8 years.  had some fun trips...had some rainy trips.  but then again, havent we all? (and if you havent had any rainy trips, just make me feel good and say you have).

Welcome Warren!  What part of Montana are you from or currently in?

warren_piece

from billings.  not what people think of as the best montana riding, but it is only about 45 mins from the bear tooth pass which, if you ask me, is some of the best riding around. 

Fred

Welcome, you"ll like it here, alot of good info and good friends.

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group Warren,

Eric M. and I were out that way last summer... did the Chief Joseph and Beartooth on our way to Glacier Park.

I was really impressed with Montana!   Rain ride?     you can see the storm coming for a hundred miles ... plenty of time to get someplace dry   lol  :good:

KOokaloo!

Frank

Mark Olson

Warren,

welcome to the group.

what year fj?  any mods?
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

warren_piece

thanks fer the welcomes. 
i have a 92 fj.  other than a luggage rack i built i dont have any other intentional mods (unintentional mods include the standard breaking of the choke pull gizmo among others).  maybe you could say the fact that i still have the chin fairing in tact is a mod, but id just chalk that up to miracle.  oh, and i guess i put a laminar lip on.  not sure how it would work for someone taller, but im only ~5'9 and it works wonders for me.

weymouth399

Welcome Warren
To the FJ play house, lots of good info here. ENJOY
Bob
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

markmartin

Welcome Warren,

I can relate on trying to get decent weather to ride in...I'm hoping to get home from work today and avoid the rain---putting up with a 42* , overcast, and windy day should be enough!

Yes, an 18 year old --in tact -- chin fairing is an accomplishment.

junkyardroad

Welcome.

I too have enjoyed many good rides in southwestern MT. Great place to be. 
Supposed to snow here in western CO day after tomorrow, but somehow my FJ has almost 700 miles on it this spring.

FJmonkey

I can relate with the rain part. I got my 86' FJ1200 to commute from SoCal to NorCal to see my Kids with a lower fuel cost than my 78 Chevy Malibu cage. It rained on me almost every trip at least in one direction for the first 12 months. BUGGER!!!!!

One trip (after all the wonderful rain) I had to pull off the highway long before I was out of fuel, the bugs had blocked my vision so bad I had pin holes to look through in my visor. I think my jacket still has some of the bugs... Lets see.....Caked with bug guts or wet and cold from the rain......Bugger them both. But them were the good old days.....Just getting old. Welcome.... :drinks:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

FJDuffer

Quote from: warren_piece on May 10, 2010, 01:27:51 PM
thanks fer the welcomes. 
i have a 92 fj.  other than a luggage rack i built i dont have any other intentional mods (unintentional mods include the standard breaking of the choke pull gizmo among others).  maybe you could say the fact that i still have the chin fairing in tact is a mod, but id just chalk that up to miracle.  oh, and i guess i put a laminar lip on.  not sure how it would work for someone taller, but im only ~5'9 and it works wonders for me.
Mr. Piece, or should I call you Warren? I just purchased a '91 FJ1200 and am interested in the Laminar Lip. What improvements did you see with it. I'm also 5'9" and have the stock seat (both mine and the bikes).

Pat Conlon

Welcome Warren, I hope you can get away and join us in NorCal for the West Coast Rally. Should be the best yet.  Cheers!  Pat
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Dan Filetti

Welcome Warren.  Beautiful country you live in.  I flew into Missoula last summer, rented a Wee-Strom (DL650) and rode up through Glacier National Park, and up into Canada, AB, BC back into Washington, Idaho them finished back in Missoula.  2000 miles in 5 days, good times.  And as I said, amazing country.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home.