News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Exhaust Mod Write Up

Started by ProStreetZ28, October 06, 2020, 10:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Rider

I have done this before on my fj1100 because of a rattling sound from exhaust mufflers but it was about 30 years ago so its hard to remember exactly what was done. i drilled out the 3 pop nails took off the back plate and then i found some lose rods/tubes inside that had rusted lose  .i pulled out the tubes i think it was 3 of them and they was about 30 centimeter long. i then modified the plate cutting out some material so it looked like a 3 armed cross  (see pick) not sure if i did that on the popped on plate or on the muffler backside itself .After this It sounded very good  something like this  :biggrin:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF8x9_j704w or maybe more like a  Honda rcb 1000. watch from 3 minutes into this vid.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-nbFCTO6w

Old Rider

I remember now that i also had rattling noise from the 4 downpipes / bends (lose innertube ) and fixed it by drilling a hole and fit a popnail.

Waiex191

Quote from: RPM - Robert on October 09, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
Can confirm, no special embed code needed for iPhone, iPad, Macbook, or Windows PC/laptop photos.

Can not confirm for Android users.
On my android phone it works just like you outlined above.
Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL

Paul.1478

Quote from: RPM - Robert on October 09, 2020, 03:53:25 PM
Long story short, not right now. Can't go into details at this time but we are working on it.

Thanks. I'll wait.
2006 GL1800
2022 Ducati V2
1976 RD400
1993 FJ 1200 ABS

ProStreetZ28

I did the tube removal and bored out the holes in the plates before I reinstalled them. It makes it slightly louder, but not too bad. Eventually I'd like to get a complete exhaust for it.

CutterBill

Never Slow Down, Never Grow Old.

Current Stable:                                                     
FJ1100                                              
FJ1200 (4)
1999 Yamaha WR400 (street-legal)
2015 Super Tenere
2002 Honda Goldwing