News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Upper fairing re-assembly. Best way to go about this?

Started by Seanable, October 31, 2020, 11:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanable

Greetings! I currently have my upper fairing off the bike to replace dash light bulbs and to figure out why my headlight is not coming on. The plastic wind screen screws disintegrated when I tried to remove them, but I think I can figure that out. My question is...Should I assemble the upper fairing, as in attach the headight, and dash panel to the fairing frame, and then bolt the frame to the bike? or assemble it on the bike like I took it apart. Anyone have a solution for the choke knob if the little allen head is hopelessly stripped? I ended up leaving that panel on the bike, which was hard on it as it is quite brittle. These plastic pieces that an upper fairing assembly is comprised of are pretty fragile after 35 years in the sun. I can only imagine how hard some of them are to find. Oh, another question...the "HEAD" fuse that I see in the shop manual...is that fuse located under the fairing in front? That is where the manual says it is. I cannot find it anywhere. Or is it in the fuse panel under the seat? Thanks in advance.
"If it has wheels or tits, It will give you problems"
~SS