News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FJ VRS Blackbird

Started by gumby302ho, November 14, 2020, 09:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie-brm

Ha Ha!!! Great story. You brought back memories of my own encounter on a late night drive. I was in a car though. Keeping it brief, it's almost midnight, beautiful quiet road that skirts a lake area in Ontario (Hwy 7 Peterborough to Ottawa for reference).  I don't like people on my butt either so when I saw two pin pricks of light behind me I pressured the gas a tiny bit. Half a minute later the pin pricks are dots - a leeetle more gas. And so on. Now I conclude this vehicle is going to be on me unless I really goose it.

I'm glancing at the mirror and asking my self righteous mind, "Who the hell else would be out at night that deserves to be driving like.... (on come the flashing lights)....  Ohhhh, yeahh.

That was my first month with the new 2011 Hyundai Accent of all things. The most tickets I ever got for one vehicle driving since 1970 has been a 1500cc Toyota Tercel. Just that time in my life.

Quote from: T Legg on November 18, 2020, 09:20:27 AM
Our fj's still get respect. I was out one night on an empty section section of highway one night cruising around eighty when I saw a set of headlights coming up behind me I increased my speed up to one hundred but the lights kept closing on me. I don't like having a racing car riding my ass so let the hopped up Honda car go by then sucked up behind him as we began ascending Washoe valley hill about a two mile curving grade to the crest where there is a turnoff to Washoe lake. I pushed the car all the way up the hill hitting about 125 mph before the car stopped accelerating. At the top we both slowed to take the turn to Washoe lake. That's when I saw the flashing red lights about a half mile down the hill coming our way. I took the turn and pulled off the road . I was thinking this is going to be bad. The sherriff finally made it up the hill and pulled in behind me. When he got out he said holy shit you guys were cooking through there. Then he asked me who was in the car that didn't stop. I was able to convince him the car had just come up behind me and I got carried away by the moment. He then told me he had been chasing the car for several miles and this was not the first time he had tried to catch that car. He looked at my bike and said that's an old bike how long have you been riding. After telling him fifty years he said maybe you can handle riding those speeds but anything can happen. He then thanked me for pulling over and explained it is against policy to engage in a high speed pursuit with a motorcycle and it wouldn't be fair to give me a ticket since he wasn't able to catch and ticket the car. I think I was saved by grey hair.
If someone wants to see any images I refer to in posts, first check my gallery here. If no bueno, send me a PM. More than glad to share.
Current Model: 1990 FJ1200 3CV since 2020
Past Models: 1984 FJ1100 - 2012 to 2020
1979 XS750SF - 2005 to 2012

woodcreekpete

The most vivid memory I have of my '98 Bird was a 300 mi. return trip suffering from a spirited bought of diarrhea . The squirrel riding position is not overly conducive to continence. I kept my distance from everyone on the ferry back to Vancouver Island. Great bike though!