News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Restricted Item. Blue Spots

Started by krusty, December 29, 2020, 02:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krusty

I'd been waiting a few weeks for a pair of blue spot calipers, bought off Ebay, from a US seller to arrive. A few days ago I received a message from Ebay, in part;

"The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/postage restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item won't be sent to you, nor returned to your seller.

Don't worry! Your full refund will be processed back to the original payment method within 72 hours. You may notice two separate refunds; a refund for the item and a refund for the postage and import costs. No further action is needed."

I don't know who deemed the calipers "restricted" and there was no explanation as to why. I'm guessing it was due possible asbestos contamination from the pads.  Has anyone encountered this before? Should I have asked the seller to remove the pads?

These calipers don't come up for sale in Oz very often and when they do they a far more expensive than what is available in the US.
So, my 1200 may have to wait a little longer for new stoppers.
Also, I get a refund but the seller is now down the value of a set of calipers
91 FJ1200
84 FJ1100 x 2
85 FJ1100
89 GL1500
76 CB750F1
72 CB350F
63 C92 x 2
59 C76
62 C100
63 C100
60 Colleda 250TA x 3
63 Suzuki MD50
77 DT125E
77 DT175E x 2
79 DT250F

Alf

Maybe due to the eBay Shipping Program don't cover Oz
A lot of items from Europe are restricted for that issue here, and I live in Canary Islands, Spain

Sparky84

Sounds to me that the bloke in the Global Shipping Program has an FJ that needs some Blue Meanies  :smile:
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

fj1289

Can you try to have a set Of calipers delivered to a member in the US - then have them ship the calipers out to you?