News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

FJ2400 - Bonneville Land Speed Racer

Started by freakhousecustoms, January 01, 2021, 06:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj1289

If you wanted to put that AMR500 to use on the salt - you could run the pulley off the countershaft sprocket and have boost vary by speed!  Of course if you start spinning the tire at speed things get worse ....

freakhousecustoms

Quote from: racerrad8 on March 01, 2021, 07:32:34 PM
Send me those carbs as soon as you can so we can get them ready. Pull the pick-up coils too and send them along so I can add some timing too.

Randy,
I may have painted myself into a corner.
:shok:

Was talking to a few LSR buddies and we got to saying how the first SCTA meeting out at El Mirage in May would be a good "shakedown" for the new bike.
Sooo...  now instead of 5 months, I've given myself less than 2 months to get this beast in running/riding order! :-O

That said, we need to talk front springs now.  What do we need?  Curb weight?  I'm going out there right now to see if I can get the weight on each wheel separately as well.

The Juggernaut: Dual-Engine FJ2400
Watch the build on The Freakhouse Customs Channel

Firehawk068

Quote from: freakhousecustoms on March 08, 2021, 12:30:48 AM
And, for my next trick... I saw the neck out of this frame! LOL!!!

Click Pic To Watch Video:

I was always a fan of the movie "Crossroads"
I got to see Steve Vai in person, twice!
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

fj1289

Quote from: freakhousecustoms on March 10, 2021, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: racerrad8 on March 01, 2021, 07:32:34 PM
Send me those carbs as soon as you can so we can get them ready. Pull the pick-up coils too and send them along so I can add some timing too.

Randy,
I may have painted myself into a corner.
:shok:

Was talking to a few LSR buddies and we got to saying how the first SCTA meeting out at El Mirage in May would be a good "shakedown" for the new bike.
Sooo...  now instead of 5 months, I've given myself less than 2 months to get this beast in running/riding order! :-O

That said, we need to talk front springs now.  What do we need?  Curb weight?  I'm going out there right now to see if I can get the weight on each wheel separately as well.

That's not painting yourself into a corner - that's getting serious!

racerrad8

Yes, I need the total weight and the individual weights on each end.

Let me know, Randy - RPM

You also need to get me those carbs too
Randy - RPM

fj1289

How goes it?!

If it's like me when I get well into the project, it is very difficult to work and document the project - I always end up with no pictures!

fj1289

freakhousecustoms

HOKEY SMOKES!
Sorry folks, I got on a roll here and realized that if I was to get the build on schedule, I'd have to forego the video-documentary for now.  So let's get up to speed:

01/24/2021:
Decided why reinvent the wheel?  Used the rear of the frame for the 2 rear motor mounts and so I know the swingarm & rear shock will line up.
Bent a piece of 1.5" tube to the desired shape in my head, affixed the neck to the top tube and bolted up the front end.

freakhousecustoms

01/25/2021:
Bent up the "bottom" frame rails... also what I call the "seat rails" and tack welded them in to place:

freakhousecustoms

Now she's finally taking on the shape I had in my head:

Not going to lie, I totally sat on the bike and made VROOM VROOM noises!

freakhousecustoms

01/31/2021:

Phun with Photoshop!

Just to digitally check if I would have enough room up front for the 2nd engine:

Real Life:

PhotoChop:

:wacko1:

freakhousecustoms

02/09/2021:

THEN I got seriously serious!
Lined up that front engine and got'em both mounted up solid.
:hi:

SUPER STOKED at this point. Glad to finally have her out and rolling on two wheels and two engines mounted!

freakhousecustoms

02.20.2021:

Oh yeah.... what's next?  Oil Coolers!!!
I took a pair of "hot rod" frame mount transmission fluid oil coolers and mounted them on either side of where the gas tank is going to be.

This dual-cooler idea was one of the first that popped in my head when I was originally dreaming up the bike and I was so excited that they ended up looking BETTER than what I had imagined.   Yes, they are 100% form over function, but I have great confidence in their ability to cool at least as well as the stock oil coolers.
:wacko2:

freakhousecustoms

03/11/2021

Built a gas tank.
Built a tail piece.
Hung an old cafe fairing I had hanging on the wall and immediately fell in love with the look.  Since I'll need a headlight for street rides at night anyway, I'm going to roll with it.  The fairing will not be legal for the class I'm racing at Bonneville, so you won't see it on the bike on the Salt.

freakhousecustoms

03/21/2021 -
A bunch of other stuff happened... but most importantly, I removed the front engine - just in case I crashed - this way I'd only potentially damage one of them.
And I rode The Juggernaut for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!

Click pic for Video: