News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Howdy from Alabama

Started by Kizer, March 27, 2021, 12:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troyskie

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on April 03, 2021, 09:54:15 AM
Those are Rentec bars.

Ha! I was so focused on the front join I completely missed the top bar  :wacko2:
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Kizer

Quote from: T Legg on March 30, 2021, 08:27:13 PM
When I joined the AMCA the first meeting I attended I rode my CB 750K1. I was the only Japanese bike there. The members were polite but not very interested in my bike. A few years ago a friend of mine who is a member of the AMCA invited me to go with him to a breakfast meeting they had and I brought one of my 84 fj1100's which had just turned thirty five. It was definitely out of place . Nobody wanted to go for a ride after breakfast (although to be fair the temperature was only around forty five degrees). They did have some beautifully restored Harley's and Triumph's and one old Ducati. Our Rally's are a ride your own pace and we will all meet up at the next stopping point. If we have riders that are not that confident there is usually an experienced riders  who pulls up the rear position.

Things have changed at AMCA in recent years and Japanese bikes are regularly accepted, but full faring bikes are a rarity. It will be interesting when I show up on an FJ.

Kizer

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on April 01, 2021, 07:23:10 PM
35 years huh?  I think I qualify

How many point do I get?

Excellent