News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Selling the Profect 92

Started by Urban_Legend, April 11, 2021, 10:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban_Legend

Hi all. Seeing as my project for the 92 FJ is now finished, I have decided that I am going to sell it (time for a new project and no room in the shed) . I am selling it in "as is" condition with 11 months full nsw rego. The paint is not perfect (fairing was cracked and repaired and a few dints in the tank) , but the rest is in excellent condition. Valve shims have just been done, new chain, new tyres, upgraded to silver spot front callipers and XJR master cylinders, XJR mufflers. Speedo says it has 60,000km on it. It could do with a new rear shock, but it is OK to ride. Priced to sell at $2600 firm. Located in Grafton Northern NSW. I have a few spares I can throw in as well.
Video of it riding

https://youtu.be/NFzqhI-rXAE
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

krusty

Quote from: Urban_Legend on April 11, 2021, 10:39:46 PM
Hi all. Seeing as my project for the 92 FJ is now finished, I have decided that I am going to sell it (time for a new project and no room in the shed) . I am selling it in "as is" condition with 11 months full nsw rego. The paint is not perfect (fairing was cracked and repaired and a few dints in the tank) , but the rest is in excellent condition. Valve shims have just been done, new chain, new tyres, upgraded to silver spot front callipers and XJR master cylinders, XJR mufflers. Speedo says it has 60,000km on it. It could do with a new rear shock, but it is OK to ride. Priced to sell at $2600 firm. Located in Grafton Northern NSW. I have a few spares I can throw in as well.
Video of it riding

https://youtu.be/NFzqhI-rXAE
Bargain!! Sounds too cheap.
91 FJ1200
84 FJ1100 x 2
85 FJ1100
89 GL1500
76 CB750F1
72 CB350F
63 C92 x 2
59 C76
62 C100
63 C100
60 Colleda 250TA x 3
63 Suzuki MD50
77 DT125E
77 DT175E x 2
79 DT250F

Urban_Legend

It probably is too cheap, but I would like some shed space back. And I still have Sparkles to keep me going.
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

Troyskie

That does seem very cheap, but hopefully a member might want that missing colour in their fleet.....

What's the next project mate?

Troyskie
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

ribbert

That's a shame Mark, I thought for sure once you got a taste of that silky smooth power from the rubber motor, it would be Sparkles coming up for sale.

Do you have another project in the pipeline? after all, you've not long built and fitted out your man cave.

Best of luck with the sale, anyone looking for a good FJ should snap it up.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Urban_Legend

Thanks guys. Sparkles is NOT for sale.

Noel, I do like how smooth the 92 is, but it just doesn't do it for me like Sparkles.
It is cheap, but I'm not losing out at that price, and a bike is only worth what someone will pay for it.

No, there is not an imminent project in the pipeline, but you never know.
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

T Legg

I have two 84 fj1100's that I love to ride. I bought an 86 fj1200 thinking the bigger motor would be exciting and the givi racks and luggage would make it my long distance cruiser but it just doesn't feel the same. The poor 1200 just sits there at the house most of the time. I only ride it enough to keep it lubricated and the battery charged. I've yet to wear out one set of tires on it. I'll be selling it off sometime so it can be with an owner who wants to ride it.
T Legg

ribbert

Quote from: Urban_Legend on April 12, 2021, 05:45:39 AM

Noel, I do like how smooth the 92 is, but it just doesn't do it for me like Sparkles.

Well, no further explanation required then, if you get your jollies on Sparkles, so be it, it's not complicated.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Millietant

I can get where you're coming from, Mark.

My 1TX just felt a little more "raw" than my 3CV overall, not sure why exactly.

My best pal in the mid-late 1990's and long time riding buddy also had a 3XW and we used to regularly swap bikes on days out and it was surprising how much we agreed on the differences between the 2 bikes.

The 3CV with its low sports screen on, gave the impression of being much smaller from the saddle than the 3XW with its tall touring screen and slightly higher fairing top. The 3XW also felt much more refined with its smoother engine, and despite neither us noting any actual disparity in performance between the 2 bikes, the lack of vibes made the 3XW "feel" slower and less powerful for both us.

Overall we both much preferred the 3CV on the twisties and for blatting around the countryside, but also we both much preferred the 3XW for long days in the saddle touring and on journeys that involved lots of motorway travel.

This was all totally subjective and personal, without scientific data/analysis, but really....that's what biking's about for most of us.......it makes us feel good  :good2:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Waiex191

If my FJ feels rough, then I just take the GN400 for a spin and then it's smooth again.  I find it hard enough to put miles on one bike, so I can understand selling one. Good luck!
Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL

ribbert

Quote from: Millietant on April 12, 2021, 08:14:15 AM

........The 3CV with its low sports screen on, gave the impression of being much smaller from the saddle than the 3XW with its tall touring screen and slightly higher fairing top.

Perception is a funny thing Dean. I have an FJ errand/town bike, that by a stroke of luck has the same rego number as my good one, and for most of it's time it's had no fairing fitted. I swear the thing dropped a 100 kg's and gained 50 hp when I took the fairing off, I can throw it around like a 250 and it goes like the clappers, my God it's fast. Being well aware of this trickery of the mind, I thought I'd be immune to it, but no.

IMO the only difference between all the models has only ever been perception. If you look at the numbers when they were new and take into consideration all the variables by now, I doubt you could say one model is sportier than the other.
There was only ever a bee's dick in it anyway and after a quarter of a century of mostly owner or shade tree mechanic maintenance, these bikes are all over the place.

My wife always tells me how much better her car runs after a service, soooo much better. In terms of actual work carried out, they do just two things on these services (most of them anyway) change the oil and filter and detail it. It comes back showroom clean inside and out, they put shiny shit on the tyres and a spray of smelly stuff inside.

Now, which one of those two things do you reckon makes it run so "smooth"?

Noel

Sparky84

Quote from: ribbert on April 13, 2021, 06:14:29 AM
Quote from: Millietant on April 12, 2021, 08:14:15 AM

........The 3CV with its low sports screen on, gave the impression of being much smaller from the saddle than the 3XW with its tall touring screen and slightly higher fairing top.

Perception is a funny thing Dean. I have an FJ errand/town bike, that by a stroke of luck has the same rego number as my good one, and for most of it's time it's had no fairing fitted. I swear the thing dropped a 100 kg's and gained 50 hp when I took the fairing off, I can throw it around like a 250 and it goes like the clappers, my God it's fast. Being well aware of this trickery of the mind, I thought I'd be immune to it, but no.

IMO the only difference between all the models has only ever been perception. If you look at the numbers when they were new and take into consideration all the variables by now, I doubt you could say one model is sportier than the other.
There was only ever a bee's dick in it anyway and after a quarter of a century of mostly owner or shade tree mechanic maintenance, these bikes are all over the place.

My wife always tells me how much better her car runs after a service, soooo much better. In terms of actual work carried out, they do just two things on these services (most of them anyway) change the oil and filter and detail it. It comes back showroom clean inside and out, they put shiny shit on the tyres and a spray of smelly stuff inside.

Now, which one of those two things do you reckon makes it run so "smooth"?

Noel
It's always the smelly stuff inside, Noel

Btw, Good luck with the sale Mark
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

fj1289

...isn't cyanide organic too?!   :unknown:

Sorry - I meant arsenic ...